The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

All Discussions Tagged 'sales' (28)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How important is amazon.com, and have you had success there?

It does seem to be the world's biggest online bookstore, but is it easy for people to find your product there, especially when it's new. An…

Started by James_Aten

45 Mar 7, 2010
Reply by Kaylin McFarren

Do Radio Interviews Sell Books?

Has anyone been interviewed on a radio show and seen a spike in their sales, after the interview? I am wondering if the only advantage is e…

Started by Felice Gerwitz

0 Mar 7, 2010

Market Research Help Needed

I posted a similar market research question in one of the subgroups, but it might better serve as a forum question. I’m looking for market…

Started by Chris Glennon

3 Mar 7, 2010
Reply by KarinSusanF

Adding an Index to Your Non-fiction Book Increases its Value

The American Society of Indexers (ASI) encourages indexers everywhere to be ambassadors for the craft & to take all opportunities to de…

Started by Rose Ippolito

0 Feb 24, 2010

The impact of Book Trailers on Book Sales?

Is there value in creating a book trailer? In promoting a novel months before it's released? I'm curious about this marketing tool which se…

Started by Kaylin McFarren

20 Feb 23, 2010
Reply by Arnold Howard

Are you obsessed with your Amazon Sales Rank?

I came out with my first book recently (it's about inbound marketing). The book has done well, and geek that I am, I've become obsessed wi…

Started by Dharmesh Shah

1 Dec 31, 2009
Reply by Dennis AuBuchon

Marketing at Bookstores My Least Profitable Venue

I've come to know that unless you've already made a famous name, bookstores do nothing to help. If you're going to sign at a bookstore, I w…

Started by martha tucker

0 Sep 6, 2009

There's Nothing to Sell Books Like a Great Review

When a great review comes out, you see the jump in sales all over the place. It happened to me for my novel, THE MAYOR'S WIFE WORE SAPPHIRE…

Started by martha tucker

1 Aug 18, 2009
Reply by Skeeze Whitlow

How Much Should be Budgeted for Marketing a Book?

Although much publicity/marketing can be done freely through avenues like social networking, much publicity costs something. Examples: 1.…

Started by J. Steve Miller

3 Aug 18, 2009
Reply by Skeeze Whitlow

How important are book trailers?

Recently, I had a book trailer designed by Hayes Design and Editorial Service, http://hayesdesign.weebly.com. I put it on Google and YouTub…

Started by Lacresha Hayes

9 Oct 29, 2008
Reply by Mark Budman

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service