Buy great novelsSoul Lifter

Relationships Matter Marketing Program Real Fast Book Marketing

The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

What's Your Biggest Challenge with Your Book?

I'd be interested to learn what authors/publishers on this network think their biggest challenges are with their book. I wonder if there's any common, pervasive challenge we all face.

Views: 7484

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glad you enjoying things here at The Book Marketing Network, Ken!

:-)

We're a friendly bunch :)

Ken, if you have not already done so, please stop by Joleene's page and check out her Amaranthine series. 

I have read the first book in the series, Shades of Gray, and it is awesome!

I have it downloaded too and am looking forward to it as soon as I finish Caitlin's book. sadly I am a slow reader :(

S'ok-you are quite busy with your new book :-)

You will get to it eventually... :-0

Or, is it the other way around :-D

My challenge right now is finding time to write. Being a mom of now active 13 month old twins, and a 9 year old it's hard sometimes to squeeze in time to write.

My biggest challenge is getting reviews.

Mine is, and always has been, the marketing. I just want to write...sigh. I've got a new website for my three published books and a Facebook page. And LOTS of excuses for not doing more!

Yes add marketing to my list too. I'm not much of a people person so going out and marketing my book and myself is hard.

I do ll my marketing online because I am no good in person, but even so, yeah, it has taken me years to get to where I am now and I am still so far behind a lot of writers. Like I don;t cold mail people about reviews or anything else because I am not brave enough. I organized my own blog tour this time and was proud because I emailed four people I didn't already know about hosting spots (three responded favorably and the fourth never answered either way) so huge step there, LOL! I think we just have to take our little victories where we can :)

Marketing is the toughest of all for writers. Writing and publishing compared to marketing is a breeze. For example, even Borders and B&N, to name two, have had or is having trouble getting it right and they are in the business. My only advice is to approach it as a mystery, which it is to help you understand it. The process involves finding and reaching out to the ones who want a story or book like yours. If I had had any success, such as in a monetary way, I would have posted it before now. And hope you will do the same. Good Luck. 

The best marketing I have ever managed is a paid ad on http://ereadernewstoday.com/ - they take a cut of all sales that come through their site. The first time I did it I sold 200 and some and paid 20$ something and this last time i sold 138 and have not got an invoice yet. But you have to have 10 reviews, have your book at .99 and I think a 4 star rating to "qualify" and sadly the sales only last (for me anyway) the day the add runs and then they drop back to normal and I don't know if they translate into sales of my other books (in other words last time at least it wasn't a big enough boost for me to go "AHA!" about, but then it takes people time to get around to that bargain book, if they ever do). But then I have a hard series to sell because it's paranormal and romance and horror in one - lots of gore, so many of the romance fans are turned off, lots of vampires so many of the horror fans are turned off, and enough sappy romance to make the rest of the horror readers walk away... so that makes a huge difference than a more sale-able genre/book would.

RSS

Sell Your Books!

15,000 Eyeballs Internet Market Program

Book Marketing Blogs

About

John Kremer created this Ning Network.

© 2019   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service