The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

What's Your Biggest Challenge with Your Book?

I'd be interested to learn what authors/publishers on this network think their biggest challenges are with their book. I wonder if there's any common, pervasive challenge we all face.

Views: 9098

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Believe you me - even if you have a hands-on publisher who does marketing, you will still be doing such a lot yourself. Untiol y

Yes, I know. My publisher does some marketing, but it really is up to me. I guess we are all in the same boat. I'm an introvert so this is all difficult. I'm sure there are others out there who feel the same. Beryl

Hmmm ... I wonder what happened to the end of my message ...?

I was wondering as well. Very funny. Looks Romanian :))

Theresa, not for anything under the sun could I possibly recommend Lighting Source!  Even if you are very VERY computer-literate it is a nightmare and the people the other end are not only extremely unhelpful, they are also rude.

A good contact for your e-books is Matt Horner matt@ebookpartnership.com

A message for everybody on this forum while I think of it : I have a long flight from Heathrow to Houston on Saturday, then Houston to Belize, and I have uploaded all your books on to my Kindle!!

Unfortunately, I had a similar experience with Lightning Source and could not in good faith recommend them to anyone. They are connected with Amazon.

My biggest challenge about being a multi-book author is marketing; getting the attention of the audience.

I find that giving books away helps with sales. I gave a children's book to a five year old little girl the other day when she was with her granddaughter and the grandmother approached me to ask where she could find more of my books. I donate to libraries, schools and even to my dentist and doctor's office. You never know what will happen. Good luck, Beryl

Marketing is actually the easiest thing. Just connect with the websites, blogs, and ezines that are already writing about your topic (if nonfiction) or genre (if fiction). There are thousands of websites and blogs on almost any topic or genre, people and sites looking for your book. You just have to connect with them and offer them good content: book excerpt, author interview, review copy, guest blog post, article, images, etc.

Plus, I'm driving thousands of people to one of my websites every day via Pinterest. A very active social network that really, really shares great content (images).

I am and have always been a writer first. Marketer only out of necessity.

But marketing is what all authors have to do in today's new world of publishing. And I still believe that's a good thing for the author and for his/her readers.

Finally our new book about the Northern Lights is available on Amazon. Now I need to get a lot of people to rate it :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Northern-Lights-Guide-Pal-Brekke/dp/8275476...

Made a short promo video about how to take pictures of the Northern Lights and some of Fredriks images and time lapse movies. With music! Check it out and enjoy. Start hunting the lights...and bring your camera with you. Hope you like the book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMeRKWJNf9w&feature=youtu.be

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service