The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

What's Your Biggest Challenge with Your Book?

I'd be interested to learn what authors/publishers on this network think their biggest challenges are with their book. I wonder if there's any common, pervasive challenge we all face.

Views: 9097

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is brilliant!

Yes, keep us informed how your book does over there.

One billion, three hundred million people in China. Mandarin is the dominate dialect. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but all written Chinese is readable no matter what dialect they speak. The pictographic nature of their symbols is universal to all dialects. However, since the symbols represent ideas instead of sounds and consonants, the spoken languages vary from dialect to dialect.

If the above statement is accurate, then you have a HUGE market potential over there my friend!

In terms of the written language, the publisher explained it the same way.  The whole of the Chinese reader market will be able to read it.  Fingers crossed here.  It's a huge potential reader base.

Yes, I had heard that before. Their written language had unified the country along time ago. But, because the symbols represent ideas instead of sounds, different dialects developed in the spoken languages. But all literate Chinese can read those symbols no matter if the speak Mandarin or Cantonese or any other Chinese dialect.

Some good news has come in from the publisher.  Translation is complete.  I was happily shocked that it came in two weeks early.  They have the book loaded for their August pre-orders, so we shall see.  Quite exciting stuff.

Nice, keep us posted on how your sales go over there.

Thanks

That is a beautiful Cover. I've heard of other authors who have translated their works etc but never heard how the sales etc. Went so will be interested to hear how it goes. Wishing you good luck! :)

I'd like to do that. Have no idea how to go about it. I bet my book would do good overseas and make a great Japanese manga!

The publisher I went with focuses on China, but I will ask my contact if she could recommend anyone to partner with for Japan.  If she has some contact information available, I will make sure to post that for you.

Aww, thank you for that.  Writers helping writers I love it!

Hey there.  My publisher got back with me.  While her company doesn't publish in Japanese she did have a contact recommend a site.  SInce she's not used them before, I'll run through their business contract with my counsel to make sure it's not some dodgy, sign-away-your-rights huckster operation.  If it looks to be legit, I'll have the contact info for you Monday/Tuesday-ish.  Hope that helps.

Yes, thank you very much.

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service