The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

I am working for one of biggest publisher in Korea.
Now I(my company) plan to build up new branch in U.S to import the book from US to Korea directly and also to publish in U.S.

The first step for this job is to find the right person to join this project. How can I find exatly right person for this job?

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jaeowoo,

What an exciting opportunity! Setting up a branch in the US is quite an endeavor.

You might try advertising in the trade publications such as Publisher's Weekly, PW Daily, Publisher's Lunch and Shelf Awareness. You may also try placing an ad in THE INDEPENDENT, the Independent Book Publishers Association newsletter. I recommend joining the Independent Book Publishers Association, too.

Dan Poynter has a newsletter, POYNTER'S MARKETPLACE, which accepts ads. There is no cost to submit an ad to POYNTER'S MARKETPLACE.

Also, consider utilizing a headhunter (a career placement firm) who specializes in the publishing industry to find the right candidate for you.
Bill Frank,

Thank you for replying.
It is not easy to search and prepare in Korea. However lots of questions are never stopped.

At first, I think I need to find the person who can search the my question in detail. I can pay hourly.
Question can be from real basic question "what is the structure of U.S Book Market to how to find the candidate(Editor, Marketer) for branch.

Can you suggest someone or can you do that?
Daily 1hour for a week can be enough.

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service