The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

Hello all,

I hope that it is appropriate to offer this here. Starting on August 25th, I will be offering "freebies" and other cool deals on one of my shows, The Recipe Box. The items will also be listed on my blogs and website (see below). If you would like to giveaway a copy of your book or product to a lucky listener, please send a direct message and I'll answer any questions.

Regards,

Barbara

program: www.BlogTalkRadio.com/TheRecipeBox
blogs: www.BarbaraHowardBlog.com, www.BlogTalkRecipes.blogspot.com(new), www.Gather.com/BarbaraHoward + over 20 Ning communities.

###

I have wonderful guests lined up for the show and wanted to post the latest info. Lots and lots of giveaways (I love freebies, don't you?) will be announced each week. I'll be updating this regularly. So be sure to drop by often!

All the programs are broadcast live at 8:00pm ET. Also, you can listen to an archive after the show or download through iTunes. The program and host information is found at www.BlogTalkRadio.com/TheRecipeBox or my blog at www.BlogTalkRecipes.blogspot.com

Friday, 8/22
Family Friday - Party Planning for Your End-of-Summer Bash

Morgan Nichole Scott, Executive Event Designer of Envi Consulting & Associates, a boutique Event Management and Consulting Firm headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia will be my special guest. We will discuss how to party planning tips, event themes, selecting the menu and entertainment. www.enviconsulting.com/

Tune in to learn about all the FREE STUFF we'll be giving away starting next week!

Monday, 8/25 Fire & Flavor - Interview with Gena Knox, Cookbook Author and Co-Founder of FireandFlavor.com

Davis and Gena Knox are on a mission to provide seasoning products for at-home cooks that are both unique and affordable. They focus on quality, simplicity and great taste. Gena's cookbook, Gourmet Made Simple, is packed with quick and easy recipes just as appropriate for everyday dining as they are for entertaining. Simple recipes for appetizers, salads, entrees, sides, and desserts. You’ll find tips on how to grill dishes indoors and out, using flavorful grilling planks and papers. http://www.fireandflavor.com/

Wednesday, 8/27 Nourishment Redefined with Chef Jill of the Centered Chef My special guest for tonight's program is Chef Jill Houk of The Centered Chef. Chef Jill teaches healthy cooking classes to small groups and corporate organizations. Also, she is a media spokesperson, food stylist and consulting chef for Sara Lee Corporation. She has appeared nationally on Good Morning America (ABC), and locally on television stations throughout the country, including WMAQ-TV (NBC, Chicago), WGN (WB, Chicago), WJBK-TV (FOX, Detroit) and KATU-TV (ABC, Portland). Her philosphy: Good nutrition is at the core of fueling a healthy mind, body and soul. With the right foods as part of your healthy lifestyle, you will experience increased physical health, energy and mental awareness. http://www.centeredchef.com/ GIVEAWAY ALERT: From SmellGoodSpa.com - Almond Whipped Cream Scrub. Almond Whipped Cream Scrub is 4 in 1! Pick up your favorite washcloth, sponge, or puff and cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize, and fragrance your body! A creamy formulation of Almond Meal, exotic Demerara sugar, and Sweet Almond oil, that delivers a non-oily luxurious feel to the skin. Indulge today! Thursday, 8/28
Embracing Your Big Fat Ass - Interview with Celebrity Chef Janette Barber

On tonight's show I will be joined by 6 time Emmy winning producer, writer and celebrity chef, Janette Barber. A four time nominated head writer from the Rosie O’Donnell Show, she has written for the Grammy Awards and the Tony Awards. She was Hot Topics writer on ABC’s The View during Rosie O’Donnell’s tenure there and won a 2008 Daytime Emmy in Special Class writing for her work on that show. Chef Janette's show on the TV Food Network, Lighten Up focused on converting fattening recipes to be lighter healthier and less fattening. She was also a spokesperson and recipe creator for Molly McButter through two ad campaigns. Her current project with solftware company, ElmLife, involves creating a web-based, interactive, artificially intelligent software guide. An animated version of Janette will host the guide and interact with users to help them develop better, healthier eating habits. Also, Janette is the spokesperson for EyeCare America's Feast Your Eyes campaign about how healthier eating habits can preserve eye health.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: ** Join us and YOU COULD WIN a copy of Janette Barber's book "Embracing Your Big Fat Ass" (Atria) which is humorous self esteem and empowerment for women around the topic of body image. http://www.janettesblog.com/

Friday, 8/29 (6:30pm ET)
Family Friday - Job Search Tips with the Job Search Strategy Coach and BTR Host, Roxanne Ravenel

Today's guest is Roxanne Ravenel, the Job Search Strategy Coach. She has been involved in the hiring process at various levels for nearly a decade. Roxanne has a diverse background in the corporate and non-profit worlds and as an entrepreneur. Roxanne’s passion for helping job seekers improve their career prospects and quality of life began during her experience as a recruiter with a global outsourcing firm. After reviewing thousands of resumes and screening, interviewing, and hiring hundreds of job applicants she realized that many candidates truly struggled with resumes and interviewing. She started the Job Search Strategy Lab to help job seekers maximize their success and achieve their career goals. Roxanne has developed job search strategy and career development workshops that teach job seekers to establish their “A” game and put it to the best possible use in their job search. She is the host of The Savvy Jobseeker show. www. www.savvyjobseeker.com/

Friday, 8/29
Preparing The PERFECT Steak w/Chef Russell Skall, Nat'l Executive Chef of Flemings Prime Steakhouse

My guest on tonight's show is national chef of Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, Russell Skall. He will share tips on how to choose and cook the PERFECT steak, producing delicious meals with leftover steak and a few of his "wicked" side dish recipes.http://www.leftoversteakrecipes.com/

GIVEAWAY ALERT: Russell will be giving away FREE Gift Cards to Flemings Prime Steak House - yum!

Tuesday, 9/2
Interview with Bruce Cohn, of BR Cohn Winery & Olive Oil Company and Manager of the Doobie Brothers

Founded by Bruce Cohn in 1984 in the heart of Sonoma Valley, BR Cohn Winery is renowned for producing balanced, elegant wines that maintain a standard of excellence from year to year. The olive oil company has recently introduced an Extra Virgin Meyer Lemon Olive Oil to the product line. This is the first citrus blend oil from the company and joins a robust line-up other oils, vinegars, gourmet tapenades and rubs.

Also of note, Bruce is the current manager for multi-platinum touring and recording artists The Doobie Brothers and has been since the band’s inception in 1970. Throughout the '70s he spent years on the road with them overseeing their rise to fame; often bumping elbows with the likes of The Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane and Journey. Although he’s not on the road as much these days, Bruce still guides their career and the connection is quite evident upon visiting the BR Cohn tasting room, where his love for wine and music are clearly evident.

Each fall, wine lovers and music fans alike flock to the B.R. Cohn Winery Fall Charity Music and Golf Tournament, with proceeds benefiting the Valley of the Moon Children's Foundation and other youth charity organizations.

Wednesday, 9/3
Truly Mexican - An Evening with Roberto Santibanez, Restauranteur & Culinary Consultant

• Santibañez credits his globe-trotting grandmother for teaching him that food, no matter the culinary tradition, should be creatively prepared and globally inspired.
• Received a classical culinary foundation while studying in the legendary Le Cordon Bleu in Paris.
• Although Santibañez adds a contemporary spin to traditional dishes, his goal in the kitchen is always to preserve the integrity and rich history of the Mexican culinary tradition. He does this by keeping true to the roots of whatever he is preparing, whether it is associated with peasant markets or luxe establishments.
• Owned and operated three successful restaurants that revitalized downtown Mexico City: El Sax, La Circunstancia, and Restobar Salamandra.
• Has served as culinary director and executive chef of Fonda San Miguel (Austin, TX) and Rosa Mexicano (NYC; Washington, D.C.).
• Serves as a culinary partner of Maria Maria, a family of West Coast restaurants done in collaboration with guitar legend Carlos Santana.
• Serves as a culinary consultant for Revoluçion, an upscale restaurant in JFK Airport’s popular Terminal 5 that is set to open in October 2008.
• Serves as a culinary consultant for Café Frida, a top-tier Mexican restaurant opening in Manhattan in late fall 2008.
• Serves as an active member of The Gourmet Institute, an annual event in which luminaries of the culinary world hold seminars, information sessions, and tastings to satisfy the appetites of food-curious audiences.

Friday, 9/5
Diary of a Personal Shopper, Interview with Fabulous Fashionista Elana Brin Pruitt

My special guest tonight is Fashionista & Blogger, Elana Brin Pruitt. She is a personal shopper and wardrobe consultant, fashion columnist, and senior editor for an online marketing company. Based in California, Elana helps other women understand their style and uncover the best fashion pieces to flatter their figure, while allowing them to stay within their budget and even save some money in the process.

* What are a few MUST-HAVE items for my closet?
* What is the "IT" color this fall?
* If I could only buy one expensive accessory, what should it be?
* How do I find bargains (and not get ripped off) when shopping online?
* What are the HOT new trends in jewelry?

She'll be here to answer your questions. And...a contest to win a cool prize from Elana!
http://www.diaryofapersonalshopper.blogspot.com/

GIVEAWAY ALERT: From SmellGoodSpa.com - Body Spreads from the Taste of Smell Goods line! Almond Biscotti, Tangy Citrus, Matcha, Tantouchthis, and Mojito! Whipped, rich, moisturizing, exotic butters!

Wednesday, 9/10
From Farm to Table - Interview w/Chef Sean Brock of McCrady's Restaurant, Charelston, SC

On tonight's show, I am honored to be joined by Chef Sean Brock of McCrady's Restaurant -- located in Charleston -- 80% of the food served at McCrady's comes from the restaurant's farm. Chef Brock was nominated for a James Beard Award this year and has really made his mark on the culinary scene over the past few months. He is personally growing, caring for, harvesting and serving heirloom seeds at McCrady's. He has done several national TV shows including winning The Food Network's Chef Challenge in the Spring.

Wednesday, 9/17
The Basic Art of Italian Cooking w/Chef Maria Liberati, Autho, Entrepreneur, former Int'l Supermodel

As a former international supermodel, Maria Liberati never dreamed that she would go from being a fashion diva to a domestic diva. Ironically, while jet setting off to modeling assignments around the world, Maria became closer to the simplicity of life and food in the country setting of her family's vineyard in the mountains of central Italy. Her passion with food began at the early age of 4, when she would accompany 'nonno' (grandfather) on his early morning Saturday trips to the Italian Market in Philadelphia to pick out all the fresh ingredients for the Sunday family meal. Eventually, Maria began writing food articles and restaurant review columns. She was soon asked to conduct cooking programs while in Italy and then in the States. The rest, as they say, is history. Currently, she divides her time between her office and residence in the USA and Italy. Maria's cooking philosophy is to create recipes that simply transform the freshest ingredients without changing their essential flavors.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: **Listeners can WIN A COPY of Maria's new cookbook** http://www.marialiberati.com/

Thursday, 9/18
Will Cook for Sex, Cookbook Author Rocky Fino

The ‘Will Cook for Sex Guy’ is not even a chef, but he’s the nationally recognized, award winning author of Will Cook for Sex and Will Mix for Sex and has made his impact showing every day people that they can improve their relationship and their lives with a little effort in the kitchen.

Rocky learned to cook from his dad (‘The Old Man’) and has enjoyed cooking and eating since he was a child. It wasn’t until he got older that he was enlightened to the true value of cooking. “I realized that a short, big-nosed Italian wasn’t exactly a women’s first choice. I needed an edge. The first time that I experienced the results of cooking for a date that solidified my respect for food. I was young, the meal was marginal and she was too naïve to know any better. I got lucky. I never questioned the power of food again."

There are 2 truths about men and women. “Women love chivalry and men want to get lucky.” Cooking is the catalyst that can fuse the two. Too many others take food and dating seriously. It’s not supposed to be serious, it’s supposed to be fun. We need to enjoy and laugh at ourselves.
http://www.willcookforsex.com/

GIVEAWAY ALERT: You could win a copy of Rocky's book.

Views: 45

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service