The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

You are probably wondering about the meaning of the title.

I am an autism warrior.

I am a mother to a handsome, smart, funny, charming, affectionate young man... who has autism.

I am part of an amazing community who sees as part of its mission the promotion of tolerance, compassion, empathy, and understanding for a generation of people who are oftentimes, misunderstood and persecuted by ignorant, misinformed, ill-educated folks like Michael Savage, Amanda Peet, and Denis Leary (click their names to read their remarks against the autism community).

I am an author who hopes that my work will inspire readers to learn more about the autism spectrum disorder.

I am an author who hopes that my work will encourage readers to be more compassionate, empathetic, and tolerant of others who seem "different" than themselves.

I am a blogger.

I blog for peace (because I know now that my son's autism was not my fault).

I blog for answers (to questions I have on how I can better assist my son in living, peacefully, in a neuro-typical and, sometimes, hateful world).

I blog to voice what he cannot (because he doesn't quite know how to tell you that you've hurt his feelings).

I hope this discussion will encourage you to ask me about how my life has been impacted by… autism.

Thank you!

Adonya

Adonya Wong
Author/Autism Warrior

Support autism awareness & research. Visit Tate Publishing today and purchase your copy of In My Mind! (worldwide distribution is January 6, 2009!)

Views: 14

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service