The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

Hi everyone- I keep trying to figure out this network. We'll see if this works.

I am wanting to gather any wisdom I can from people who have been to major writer's conferences. Specifically, I have a small block of time that I will get to meet with an agent. If anyone has advice, I'd love to hear it.

Also, just general advice would be appreciated as well. Sorry if you've already received this message elsewhere...I'm still trying to figure it all out.

Also, is there a way to send a message to everyone on your "friends" list? If so, how does the "friend" receive the message?

Thanks in Advance,

Karen L. Alaniz

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great question Karen,
I have no experience with this but I will be watching for answers!
Hi Karen,

I haven’t personally attended a Writers Conference but have booked speakers at these types of conferences, however I came across a site that has some really good posts from people who have attended Writers Conferences, you may be able to get some tips and ideas from them and if you scroll down a bit there is a great post about meeting with agents. The posts are over a year old but still relevant.

http://misssnark.blogspot.com/2006/03/writing-conferences.html

Best advice I can give beyond meeting with an agent would be to mingle…mingle…mingle and grow your network!

Wishing you the best of success and happiness,

Wendi
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, I had to leave on July 26th for the conference. I guess I should have posted the question earlier since I didn't get your replies until I got back. Oh well. The conference was fabulous for learning and for networking. Thanks for the advice!

By the way, I wrote about my experience on my blog at if you're interested. It's going to be at least a three-part series. I'd love to know what you all think.

Karen L. Alaniz

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service