The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

Free Press Release (PR) Distribution...what is this about?

Being a self-publisher, I'm always looking for low cost ways to promote my book. Recently, I've ran across a number of FREE PR distribution websites. For those of you who have experience with these...what are they all about? Do you really get good results from posting your release on them? Do people in the publishing industry or book readers actually scout these sites for the next 'bestseller'?

I've learned that some things are just too good to be true, so I'm wondering if free PR release distribution sites are just another one to put on the list.

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alicia,

There are a number of free Press Release sites and a number that cost some money, and some that do both. Some have more legitimacy than others, but one reason that they are important for book promotion beyond wondering if anyone reads them is for link building. For each press release sent out, you usually get to embed one, two, or three links to your site or book, which gives you some nice backlinks. If you do a lot, it adds up over time. Same for blogs (here is mine for free backlinks) and article marketing.

Now, do book people and scouts actually read these. Yes and no. I don't know how many actually hunt down the PR site itself, but they are syndicated and do go all over the place (part of the mystery of the web). I have had some good luck - our recent book was picked up as a result and both the authors and the publisher (me) got interviewed for Indian Country Today (largest indigenous people's newspaper in the world).

Cheers,

Peter
I've put together a list of around 100 press release sites.

Peter

Any press release distribution is good free or paid. I have used both paid and free press release distribution and I find that those I have generated have surface in the search engines. The lastest one I have used is PRleap. It is free. Also check out Peter's list in another answer. The links are great. There are some I never knew existed. I find that press releases are a great tool. Any release that you generate must be a news event. It can be a new book, adding something to your web site or a success story. Almost anything can have a press release but it must not be generated like an article but like a news event.

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service