The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

Hey all!

I need a few people to interview. I'm doing a special on http://podcast.TheBookCrawler.com on publishing. I've already interviewed someone who used BookSurge. Now, I'd like to interview others who used other POD's, self-published or used an agent/publisher.

Thanks!

Revvell

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,
I went through Lulu, using their 'published as you' package. If you're interested, you can contact me.

Good luck,
Christine
Done! Thanks!
hey Christine, I will be using lulu. Any tips or suggestions on things that might not be obvious from their info they provide?

Thanks in advance!
David
I had three POD books published this past summer. One with iUniverse (through their Back-In-Print partnership with the Authors Guild), one with BookLocker, and one with Infinity Publishing.

I would be happy to do an interview. Contact me at a.ellis@att.net.

Hope to hear from you soon!

A. C. (Al) Ellis
Hi, Revvell -- I assist people in becoming independent publishers and I have published a few books myself. Feel free to arrange an interview if you wish.

Mark
Hi Mark,

Please email me at: Revvell@TheBookCrawler.com. Thanks!!! :)
Hi, newbie here. I just read your message. If you're still looking for authors to interview, I'm open. Let me know. Check out my page if you like, to see my books.
Have a great weekend
Tiva
Greetings, Revvell.

My books were both published by small publishers--both books being out of the mainstream and very audience specific. I did not want to go the self-publishing route because of the (unfair) stigma that such books carry. And I didn't feel I needed an agent to deal with small publishers. I also knew that my specific subjects have little appeal to the big guys. In both cases I also received some rejections before the books were accepted for publication. However, my first book has been through three editions, has sold more than 100,000 copies and is now considered a classic.

If my story would be of interest, I would be willing to be interviewed. Take a look at my website at www dot newviewold testament dot com. My blog is also accessible through my website.

Good luck with your podcast.
Val Greenwood
Hello Revvell, I'd be happy to talk with you. I've been the traditional publishing route and recently started my own press. Rita Schiano
Hi Revvell,

I've been published "traditionally," using an agent and publisher (11 books). I've been in publishing for 29 years as an editor as well as author. So I can speak on that from my own experience (the good, the bad and the ugly ).

I'm glad you're doing this--please share your research.

A client of mine (I'm a book publishing coach) recently published with Avantine (POD). So far it's been a good experience for him. He did a terrific job with everything, and tonight we're doing his Virtual Book Tour teleseminar (www.askjimcyr.com).
Hi Revvell,
I could approach this from a couple of angles. My first two novels were shopped around by an agent. I could talk about that journey if you're interested. I shopped around my first novel to ebook/POD publishers. My novel, Jen-Zen and the One Shoe Diaries will be coming out in paperback around Christmas time.
'
My story collection, Flashes of the Other World was published by Pulp Bits a digital publisher that has since gone out of business. I do have it in distribution with the dppstore.com and may re-release it later under another imprint.

Julie
Hi Revvell,
My novel publisher is Synergebooks.com. I forgot to mention that in my last post.
My agent is also reviewing my third novel. If it's more commercial than my other literary works it might stand a chance in this difficult market.

Julie

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service