The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

Thinking of Writing &/or Publishing a Travel Book?

I wish this book existed 10 years ago, before I wrote my first outdoor recreation guidebook. It would have made the process much easier. In "Crafting the Travel Guidebook," (The Woodmont Press, www.woodmontpress.com) author Barbara Hudgins covers all the details I had to discover by trial and error. Even after publishing 14 guidebooks, I learned some useful information.

If I was new to this world of writing and/or publishing a travel book or a guidebook, this volume would have catapulted me into the fast lane. It gives you the inside scoop on the nuances of the travel book writing and publishing industry and leads you through all the choices and decisions you have to make both before leaping into the foray and as you wander down the path. This comprehensive guide should be read by anyone contemplating writing any sort of travel book or guidebook. I have already recommended it to a colleague who is thinking of becoming an author.

Sue Freeman, author & publisher, Footprint Press, www.footprintpress.com

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Maria,
I'm not sure what you're asking. If you want to expand into travel writing, go ahead & do so. I recommend you read the book that I reviewed above. I do guidebook writing - I don't offer resources for others. Sue

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service