The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

When writing, there are sometimes I get really really stuck for something to say. Something to write. Nothing comes. Then I look around the house, out the window, turn on the news, bounce ideas off my little boy. And then it hits me, hey some more stuff for the empty pages of my mind. It's strange, sometimes I come with ideas while sleeping. I must write it down fast.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the past I have thought what topics can I write about. I have found that using google alerts for issues gives me ideas on which to write. It has helped me to create a list of over 200 article titles so I never seem to have a shortage of topics for articles. I also find information where various processes or issues get identified in newspapers. The topics only cover one specific aspect but in many cases does not look at the whole process. I have written articles on issues of the day that have received a large amount of hits because of the topic. Topics that are in the news are in people's minds and they want to hear more. My articles are primarily on the principles of integrity and some involve personal experiences related to news events. Sometimes I just hear someone talking about an issue that is not printed anywhere but is in the minds of the public. This gets me to think about writing an article about the integrity principles that should be in place for specific processes or issues. I keep a spreadsheet to know which articles I have written and have published to know what ones are left on my list. I continually add new titles as news events or experiences dictate. This helps as it is fresh in my mind and makes it easier to write. Thanks for creating this topic.

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service