The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

Be Prepared To Promote Yourself Everywhere and Anywhere

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I just returned from a 14 day cruise to Europe, it was wonderful.

While on the sailing back to Miami, the Cruise Director asked if there was anyone who wanted to do a seminar. On board was another author from Florida who stated he wanted to do a seminar on how to write a book. I immediately volunteered to join him and I would discuss how to get your book published and how to market, promote, and sell your book on a shoestring budget.

To our surprise, the seminar was full. It was supposed to last for one hour and it went on for almost three hours. I made new contacts and when I returned I had book orders.

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations, Lorraine. A spur-of-the-moment workshop is a great idea for self-promotion. It never ceases to amaze me how many people want to write a book. You found an entire shipload of prospective writers. Talk about a captive audience.

Maureen
Your topic says it all. I am constantly finding new ways to promote my writing on the Internet. As the Internet and sites continue to expand there will be an endless source of promotional opportunities to utilize. While not all will be applicable to each author's writing, many will be. My web site is growing in popularity and value as I continue to take advantage of marketing opportunities that I discover which relate to my writing. While there are various types of promotional opportunities not everything can be done at the same time. I continue to expand my methods and plan on expanding my sources of exposure. You must not take on so much that you cannot devote the time to do justice to your marketing efforts. What I have been doing is devoting time to each opportunity until it is developed. Sometimes marketing efforts do not require additional time once they have been generated. Other marketing opportunities require continual time to keep it current. Some examples of getting exposure for your work is doing a talk radio program, generating a newsletter and contributing to writing forums.

We must always be open to utilize marketing opportunities as they are developed or discovered. We should choose those that fit our writing style and topics. The more we do this we will gain exposure for our writing and expertise.

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service