Buy great novelsSoul Lifter

Relationships Matter Marketing Program Real Fast Book Marketing

The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

A touch of reality for self-published authors

I started this discussion on PublishedAuthors and thought authors here might be interested in reading this article:

In the world of self-publishing, authors tend to have unrealistic expectations so it comes as a refreshing change to read about the financial difficulties facing self-published authors written by someone with experience in banking.

I found this "Handling Your Finances – Lessons from an Author in Transition by Lynnette Khalfani" very informative and helpful:

http://reviews.aalbc.com/handling_your_finances.htm

If you ever thought that receiving an advance for a three book deal would solve all your financial problems -- think again!

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

*bump*
Thanks for sharing Shelagh, I got it on the other forum, but like you note, authors here might be interested.

"bump"

That was an interesting article. Thanks for posting.
I'm sure some self-published authors have felt this same way - get the book out there and it will sell. Wish that were true. As a self-published author who has probably tried almost everything ever written about selling your book, I can testify that "it ain't necessarily so". Still, I keep thinking that there should be something out there that will spark success in some measure.

RSS

Sell Your Books!

15,000 Eyeballs Internet Market Program

Book Marketing Blogs

About

John Kremer created this Ning Network.

© 2019   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service