The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

When writing, there are sometimes I get really really stuck for something to say. Something to write. Nothing comes. Then I look around the house, out the window, turn on the news, bounce ideas off my little boy. And then it hits me, hey some more stuff for the empty pages of my mind. It's strange, sometimes I come with ideas while sleeping. I must write it down fast.

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I get stuff all the time! I can't keep up with it. I lose as much as I get sometimes. I have tried writing it down, or even doing notes on it. But I would have to have a 3rd hand to keep the paper and pencil available all the time. I have tried tape recorders, but it seems that I have these thoughts when it is not available. When it is available, no thoughts. Many of these thoughts never return. They were good thoughts too!!!!!!!!

So how does one get and, more importantly, KEEP these thoughts?
I agree with Susie! I have to do a "2 pages of Word "-long book review EVERY week for Sundays Zaman newspaper. Friends say "How do you make them different every week?" Just living cross-culturally provides continual stimulus of ideas, as every day you are faced with new and surprising situations - the unexpected, the different - that are constant inspiration for those creative juices. Even after nearly 14 years!

So, George, my advice: get out of your daily routine. Take a different route to work, drop in at a different cafe for your morning coffee, go to a different part of town, watch a different sport this weekend. You are bound to see something new that will inspire you...

Good luck!
Thank you for your insight. I appreciate it so much. God Bless

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service