The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

I am just starting to get up to speed on a few things in this group. One being blogging. Perhaps it is because I am a slow learner (don't think so). Maybe I didn't pay attention to the original posts enough (very big probably). Wearing too many hats could also be an issue. However, whatever the reason I need to get some information from those of you with more expertise than myself.

Somewhere I have read where it is okay to post the same article to different blogs. Somewhere else I read where it isn't. There is a convenience to posting the same thing. However, I think I remember where not to do it has something to do with search engines. What is your opinion and why?

I finally signed up for several due to the members here and their recommendations. I currently belong to (just to mention a few):

Yahoo! 360
BeliefNet.com
FaceBook
MySpace
MSN Spaces
Wordpress
PNN
Shelfari
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
eBay
My Own Website

I also want to submit articles to ezinearticles.com and PlanetLightWorker. Is blogging going to make this difficult?

Thanks again and again and again for all the help you have already given me and I hope you will find it in your time and heart to help me again!

Blessings

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi susie ,
even I got many sites as my favourites and networking for all the
blogs take all my time. I enjoy them but alas I am losing on one thing writing .
I am trying to sell my scripts and being an Indian it is hell lot of work
padma
Susie,

Blogging and article marketing are very different.

For article marketing (and a list of over 200 sites to submit articles to) I suggest you examine my Marketing Your Writing Online page. You can submit your blog or other material to article sites if you want, but DO NOT do it before you post it on your blog or website and the search engine spiders have crawled it. Otherwise, you will get a "duplicate content" slap from the search engines and lower your website/blog ranking.

If you do reuse an article or a piece of writing latter, it is best to change the title and some of the content around so it is not considered "duplicate content."

Thank you again, Peter! Seems I say that a lot to you! *grin* I appreciate all the help you give to me. I am sure that you are helping others here as well! If I can help you in anyway, let me know.

Thanks once again!

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service