The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

Well, I am now on another project. *sigh* I am preparing an online media room for my book Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies and for my consulting business, Reboot Your Life™ . I was wondering if you could check it out and give me any comments or suggestions? Here is the url:

http://www.weavingdreamspublishing.com/mediaroom.html

I know how to make a pdf file of a sample chapter of my book and upload it. I just don't know how to make it so others can download it. So that is next on my list to learn.

I am sending my first media kit to 2 ladies who run an author/metaphysical conference 4 times a year in North America. I am sending in my media kit a DVD of the presentation I gave at my first book signing. They requested the hour long DVD. Two of the people who present at these conferences endorsed my book. That should help me, shouldn't it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Susie

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Susie,

It looks good so far, but one thing to keep in mind is this is the place "media" people can go to get information. So you should have a sell sheet, flyer, book cover jpeg, press release, etc. all ready for download so that when a media person is looking into your book they can find all of these publishing documents. If you make them into .pdfs for download, just do the link the same as you would for another .html page, but just put in the file name instead. For example, in your code you would put < a href="http://yourwebaddress.com/mediafolder/pressrelease.pdf" > Press Release (This link won't work since I put in an extra space between the opening < and the closing >)

Cheers.

Thank you so much, Peter!!!! You are my knight coming to my rescue again!!!! That is what I needed to know! Now I can go back and tweak it.

Thanks for checking it out and for your advice. You are a real gem!

Blessings

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service