The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

Hi Everyone!

I'm interested in knowing if any authors (fiction, in particular) have tried creating a blog for the characters in their novel(s) as a means of promotion? If so, do you think it helped to give your book more exposure, thus increasing the sales?

I'm considering having my characters blog about my novel, Blessings of Purpose, in a commentary style (like the special feature some DVDs have). They won't give many details to avoid taking away interest in the book, instead I plan for them to 'intrigue' the blog reader into buying a copy of the book to get the juicy details.

Please share your thoughts on creating this type of blog...

Thanks!
Alicia
www.aliciahilljones.com
www.living4bop.wordpress.com

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, Brandilyn Collins did for her Kanner Lake series books after the first one came out. You can see her blog at http://forensicsandfaith.blogspot.com/

You might email her about it. It ran last year some time. She did a contest for people who read her blog and the first book. She challenged them to write a blog entry for any character they wanted. Then she chose the best and they became that character and blogged AS the character on an assigned day. After the first maybe 6 months, she was going to turn the blogs over to fans, but I'm not really sure what happened. It may have gotten too labor intensive.

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service