The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

Authors Working Together to Sell More Books

"Your life changes when you meet people." - Sterling Valentine

I want to encourage the authors and publishers on this Book Marketing Network to work together to help each other to sell more books. That's the main reason I created this network in the first place.

There are so many ways that you can help each other. For example, I wrote an article on 30 Ways to Help a Book Author You Love - http://www.bookmarket.com/loveawriter.htm. Most of those ways apply not only to your friends but also to authors helping each other.

In addition, you can do joint ventures, Amazon Bestseller Campaigns, blog tours, and more.

Please use this forum right here to list your requests for partners as well as your responses or offers to help other authors.

You'll be amazed at what you can accomplish if you work together rather than alone.

For example, I'd love to see a fiction writers co-op promotion where each novelist promotes the other members in the co-op on their blog or website or social network. Tweet about each other. Like each others' Facebook page. Do joint blog tours.

Poets can do the same thing. So can business book authors. Spiritual authors. Christian authors. Cookbook authors. Etc.

Views: 9149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does she have a website?

John,

She only has a YouTube page for now. You can read more about her on my publishing page at http://www.DocUmeantPublishing.com. Front page, About Us page, and also, Get Published page - scroll down to see her trailer samples.

She had a website done but it is out of date so she removed it for now.

Like I said, I'd be happy to introduce you.

Ginger

publisher@documeantpublishing.com

designer@documeantdesigns.com

Yes, Misty does fine work. No popping in the voice which I find in so-called professionals that charge much more. Would love to connect you.

Have her send me an email at johnkremer@bookmarket.com

John

John,

If you approve, I'll ask her if she'll come over and start a thread about book trailers. How's that sound?

Ginger

there seems to be a lot more co-operation around now than when I first started writing and publishing 20 yrs ago ...good to see it

I have an incredible opportunity for any and all self-published authors. Would you like more credibility? Would you like to see your book listed in a professional publisher's catalogue? Now's your chance. Check out the publication and see if it might be just what you need to make your self-published book shine. It will be distributed by everyone involved and to retail book merchants. You will find more information here: http://www.documeantpublishing.com/order.html

To your publishing success,

Ginger Marks

DocUmeant Publishing & Designs

DocUmeantPublishing.com

DocUmeantDesigns.com

Ginger... I enjoyed going through your website. I didn't see anything relating to POD publishing so I'm assuming you just do printing? You do offer some services that I might want to use. I've published two books which can be seen at http://www.JudithHorky.com.  My third is totally different, a non-fiction for women, I'd say around 50 and up. It's in the final editing stage at the moment. Do you have any advice on pricing? It's short, about 100 pages, so I was thinking $10 for print and $3.99 for electronic. I'm also feeling it should be an 8 x 5. I could sure use some help!

Judy Horky

Judy@JudithHorky.com

Judith,

DocUmeant Publishing is a multi-platform publisher. This allows us to assist authors to bring their book or ebook to the audience they desire, even International. Yes, our distributor/printer offers POD. $10 for 100 pages is a bit high. Maybe half that, depends on the audience and the content. That said, ebooks best selling price is 2.99 or 4.99. For your I would chose 2.99. As for size 5x7 might be better as it is a more standard size and will be more substantial in volume than the 8x5.

If you would like to chat you can always catch up with me on Skype (gingermarks). I know, I spent a lot of time thinking that one up. *wink* Or you could alternative just phone the office. The numbers are listed on the website.

Let me know if you need any more help or suggestions.

Ginger

I also very much like the idea that authors and publishers give each other hands in their book marketing efforts. That is why I joined this great community.

Now I would like to share with you about our online creative community that will go live soon.

The community will be like an online workshop, where creative people will work together to produce a digital novel.

How it is going to work?

If you are an author, an artist, a composer, or a producer, you can post a project on the community.  For example, let's say you have a great story idea and you are able to create the images for it. After that, you will need to search for an author who will write your story and a composer who can create the music for it.

After you have "hired" your team, you can create one episode/chapter and publish it on the community board. People can then start reading your episode from there and rate it with 1 to 5 stars.

The top 5 stories will get published on our website.

We believe that the competition and the good teamwork are the key to great final products.

Another thing, which is very important for every author: before their work is officially published,  the authors will get feedback from the readers and thus they will see how the audience accepts their story. 

At the end of the day, everyone will benefit from taking part in the community.

I will make another announcement, as soon as the community goes live, and will be happy to meet you there.

Erin,

Wow! What a great offer. Quite often we have ideas but don't know how to pull them off or if they are even any good. Thanks for letting the community know. We will all stay tuned.

To your publishing success,

Ginger Marks

DocUmeant Publishing & Designs

DocUmeantPublishing.com

DocUmeantDesigns.com

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service