The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

Authors Working Together to Sell More Books

"Your life changes when you meet people." - Sterling Valentine

I want to encourage the authors and publishers on this Book Marketing Network to work together to help each other to sell more books. That's the main reason I created this network in the first place.

There are so many ways that you can help each other. For example, I wrote an article on 30 Ways to Help a Book Author You Love - http://www.bookmarket.com/loveawriter.htm. Most of those ways apply not only to your friends but also to authors helping each other.

In addition, you can do joint ventures, Amazon Bestseller Campaigns, blog tours, and more.

Please use this forum right here to list your requests for partners as well as your responses or offers to help other authors.

You'll be amazed at what you can accomplish if you work together rather than alone.

For example, I'd love to see a fiction writers co-op promotion where each novelist promotes the other members in the co-op on their blog or website or social network. Tweet about each other. Like each others' Facebook page. Do joint blog tours.

Poets can do the same thing. So can business book authors. Spiritual authors. Christian authors. Cookbook authors. Etc.

Views: 9149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a kind offer for children's book authors. I hope more of them on this network see your kind offer.
Again, I'd like to highlight Donna's offer to children's book authors. Very kind.

Turn around is helpful. Author, Pastor Bobby, hosted my latest interview - http://bit.ly/emoqZj

Theresa, I got it, I've been SWAMPED sorry! :)  I'll be in touch soon.

And yes, Amazon can do that because they're the publisher.

All you get to set is the initial price, not the discount.

Pav

I am new on this site.

If anyone is interested in posting a blog or having a book reviewed please contact me. eBookocracy.com is a new site. The site is a platform for book discussions and letting authors advertise their books. We also have daily blogs on the site.
Thanks for your offers. We need more offers like yours.

Success!  Last night Pavarti Devi and I launched our author co-op site:  www.escapistpress.com

Right now we're small and mighty, but we're gathering friends in a link exchange program.  Visit the site and click into the "friends of escapistpress" menu to get a sense of what other authors have submitted.  If you're interested in a link exchange w/escapistpress, contact me:  david@davidbeem.com

We're super excited to utilize some of the ideas we've found floating around in this forum and elsewhere.  Now let's cross our fingers and hope we've set the foundation for promotional success.

David

One of the best ways to begin to be known as an author is take advantage of sites like FoxandQuill.com which allows authors, poets, innovators in the publishing industry to send in an article, book review, book promo, or any other generalized information of concern to writers and readers to let others know what you're doing, thinking about, or a new book you need more people to know about. It's free, has no obligatory log-in or sign-up, just send the editor your material as an attachment to email and FoxandQuill.com will build the pages for the next e-magazine issue. The e-magazine/newsletter is published monthly, has run for the last four years, and has readers all over the world. Its charter is authors helping authors.
One of the best methods of establishing a e-book on Kindle or any other e-distributor is to use InDesign as your book layout tool and export an epub file. This draws flak because people don't realize - you're not done yet. InDesign gets you about 90% there. Google has a wonder epub editor called Sigil that picks up where the InDesign generated epub left off. Use Sigil to edit in much more metadata, solid TOC, and clean up extraneous CSS junk not needed in the file to lessen the footprint so it loads faster.  Also, you must realize, e-book readers are like the various browsers, they interpret the epub standard differently, but you don't have to worry about that part, just upload your clean epub to Kindle instead of a Word file and a lot more quality information gets into the final product - meaningful TOC, greatly detailed metadata, and well thought out styling. You will also have an excellent epub product to sell directly from your website. So the message is go to Lynda.com and learn how to use InDesign and go buy the program. I know, it's expensive, but whadda-ya gonna do? Oh, by the way, Sigil brags about being able to convert from text to epub directly. Yes it does, but it lacks all the details of style, images, etc. You are wasting your time going that direction. You have to work at getting a clean epub. No silver bullets here.

Hi John,

I have an article I think may be perfect for FoxandQuill.  How do I submit?

David

Just email me with the attached info, pics, etc. My email address is johnwolf.lobo@gmail.com.

What I need is the article, a picture of you, a short bio, and if a book, the picture of the cover. You can add to that anything you wish. 500 words is a short page, 1000 words is a big page. Anything beyond that better be really compelling or people won't read it. Pictures are great. I Photoshop them to fit so size isn't an issue if it will fit into the email. If you have a promo that explains how and why you wrote the book, etc. I can break it into two pages on the issue.

Let me know what you want to do.

Jack

Terrific.  Just emailed you!  Thanks!  Let me know if you need more, and if it looks like a good submission for FoxandQuill.

Thanks again,

David

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service