The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

Amazon knows  if you read more than 10% of a book you download but if you give away promotional ebooks, do you know if they are actually read?. I offered for free copies of THE MYSTERY CLUB SOLVES A MURDER and about 280 people around the world  downloaded it,. BUT the vbook has a sequel that reveals what happened to the villain afterwards. That book is called WHITE SLAVE.  Only two people bought the sequel. Not very good odds. Some people are simply hoarders.

Views: 41

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have had a similar thing. I gave away 547 of my series starter in December but only sold 40 of the second book...this month I have sold six of the second book and given away 63 of the opener book (it's on perma free) so either a lot of people did not read it or else did not like it enough to go on. I suspect it's the former, not because I think the book is SO amazing, but simply because i know how many free books I have downloaded vs free books I've gotten around to reading...

Priced at only A$3 many of my 36 titles can be had for the price of a cup of coffee,

Yep. mine were on a 99 cent special over the holidays. But people see free and don;t want to pay that 3$ vs paying nothing. we are evolving into a culture that believes entertainment is owed to us and as such has no monetary value. 

I have encountered the same situation.

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service