The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

is it just me or is there not a lot of activity on this site? or am I missing something??

still haven't worked out the 'friends' situations, anyone wants to chat/exchange views on writing with me, I promise I won't bite

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol, well hello, I'm happy to reply (and not get bitten)

I guess I'll do the gentleman-ie thing if I can work out how!!

Hmm, I don't see an introduction page so I'll just put my introduction here.

My name is Elizabeth, but I don't mind being called Liz. I have been writing short stories for a long time. I'm interested in self-publishing some of my short stories. Maybe later I'll try a novel, assuming I have the patience for it lol. I also like making friends and taking part in interesting discussions. I have a sense of humor and am not easily offended. If I offend anyone here, don't be afraid to tell me so, I won't bite!

I came to this forum because when I tried regular writing forums, I got a lot of flack for wanting to self-publish. I was pretty much told that self-publishing writers are lazy people who don't want to improve their writing skills and that only low class writers self-publish. I don't feel that I am lazy or low class, I simply don't want some middle man telling me what I can and can not write. I work very hard to improve my writing skills and make my stories fun and exciting. I hope things will be different here and that I will find a place to make friends with people who understand where I'm coming from.

It's nice to meet you all and I look forward to learning as much as I can here!

Hi Elizabeth (LIz) look forward to chatting with you and sharing work

Hello Steve :) thanks for the welcome.

Steve,

I have only just recently this site, but I guess I took the approach that it was up to me to get to know all of you. So, I have steadily been working my way down the list of members-seeking out authors such as yourself, that write in the genres I love to read. Though, I have not made it past the fourth page of members yet, I have been satisfied with the prompt and friendly replies that my efforts have received.

For me, I enjoy sampling the work of other writers and guess would classify myself as a reader first. Writers that have gone to the trouble of putting their work out there like to know that they have an audience. I get that. Hopefully, more people that visit this site will take the approach of a reader and share their comments on other member's pages. 

I have already had my girlfriend purchase Tim Flanagan's book, The Moon Stealers. When she brings her Kindle back on Christmas Eve, I have every intention to read his story. If he did not have a page up on this site, I would never had heard of him, sampled his work and bought his book.

Best of wishes and Happy Holidays,

Lance

hello lance, sorry about delay in reply, xmas and all that jazz, looking forward to chatting with you, finding friends to chat seems to be a common issue, nice to connect with folk with genuine interest

s.

Steve,

S'ok. Yes, festivities take on a life of their own. Oh, I did start reading the beginning of your free novel you have unleashed upon The Multiverse. I am enjoying it so far. Reminds me of Douglas Adam's Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. Very funny stuff-I am always up for a good laugh.

Be chatting with you,

4-LAN aka Lance

excellent ...I'm a huge D. Adams fan so you've made me a very happy man ..enjoy (and share with friends ...if we can find any lol)

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service