The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

I'd like to start a new forum where people can talk about what's working for you right now in marketing your book.

I think this will help other authors to prioritize their activities if they can find out what's working for other people. This would be especially valuable to new authors.

I've share the hottest tool that I'm using right now. And that's Twitter. As you will note on the main page of this Book Marketing Network website, both my http://www.bookmarket.com website and this network have been rising in Alexa ranks (and visits) because of my use of Twitter.

Views: 8350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Google books put my whole book on their site. I only wanted the first few chapers. Oh, well. If you want an electronic version of it for free, you can get Children of Dreams there. At this point, I figure, if somebody wants to sit in front of a computer screen and read a whole book, they must really like it. If they like it, they will talk about it with others. So I am not losing any sleep over it. Lorilyn Roberts
http://lorilynroberts.com/
Lorilyn does your book have to be published online as an e-book in order to have a chapter posted free on google for marketing purposes? thanks
Lisa Lahey
That's a good question. They got the whole book because they asked for it and I had to verify that I held the rights to e-publish it with them. So I think so.
I need help on sales...I live in Macedonia and my book is published in US and only thing I have is network. I noticed that on twitter people are more interested in promoting their own material...not interested in others...do not know what to do, publisher is doing their own job but I have a feeling I have to do something on my own?
Well, Kamelia, I promoted your book on Fox&Quill.com in the April issue. I hope you saw it! The best way I know of getting more attention is to give a copy of the book to someone that will review it and do a review write-up for Amazon. The next place to tackle the sticky problem of exposure it to make an ebook copy and place that on Kindle and Smashwords for distribution to iPad, Kindle, Sony, Nook, and the .epub formats people are using for ordinary computer screens. Then select a small group to give access to the ebook in return for a review on the ebook sight. After that, it's talk, talk, talk about the book everywhere you can draw a crowd.

Personally, I don't think the social sites amount to a hill of beans for professional promotion.
Thanks John...I'll do everything you said
Hi, Kamelia. I will make another suggestion to you. I went to your page on the Book Networking Website here and could find nothing about the type of writer you are--your background, what genre your book falls into, what you are passionate about, et cetera.

You did have your website listed, but it required that extra step to find out more about you. Most people probably won't bother unless they have a particlar reason. I am looking to network with a particular kind of author for marketing purposes, and from your website it is clear to me your genre is outside of what I am looking for.

I would recommend that you give someone that visits this website an idea of what kind of a writer you are--mystery, romance, nonfiction, Christian, et cetera. That way it's easier for people to assess if your writing is something that interests them. It also allows people to get a flavor for who you are. You can tell a lot about a person's ability to write in a couple of paragraphs.

Hope this helps,
Lorilyn Roberts
Thanks Lorilyn for your help. I never thought about that and had a feeling it is enough. I will do that...
Done...thanks again I didn't even noticed that it is so short. I was probably thinking I will do this latter but forgot. Thanks again
Best
Kamelia
Now I saw...Thanks John it looks very nice...there is one mistake in my name it is Kamelia not Karmelia....I do not know if you can change it...the site is wonderful I am very glad...good that you told me...Best
Kamelia
Of course, I'll changed that. The great thing about the electronic world - everything can be changed and no one is the wiser. Politicians love that!

Funny how those errors sneak in. I made the changes.
I have to disagree - I think social networking sites are worth their virtual weight in gold. They may not work as a direct method of marketing but I've met many authors through sites that I've remained connected with. We exchange reviews, tips, etc and get the word out there. It takes a simple connection to get the break we're all looking for - the internet is a great place to find it.

Word of advice - don't use them to market your book. Use them to connect with like minded people, join groups for writers and respond intelligently to the discussions without over mentioning your book and see what happens.

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service