The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

I'd like to start a new forum where people can talk about what's working for you right now in marketing your book.

I think this will help other authors to prioritize their activities if they can find out what's working for other people. This would be especially valuable to new authors.

I've share the hottest tool that I'm using right now. And that's Twitter. As you will note on the main page of this Book Marketing Network website, both my http://www.bookmarket.com website and this network have been rising in Alexa ranks (and visits) because of my use of Twitter.

Views: 8350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How do you enter a blog challenge? I have never heard of this but I think it would be fun to do. Lorilyn Roberts
I recently was fortunate to have a professional book trailer produced by Darrel Saffer, an award-winning filmmaker whose original music is as haunting as the book, Ghost Orchid by D. K. Christi. The setting in Corkscrew Swamp is clipped live yet the brief book trailer is just enough to tease the reader. I've added the clip here and to the home page on my web site and anywhere else I blog or write. The launch of the video has been as exciting (nearly) as the launch of the mystery novel itself. I highly recommend a professional trailer is you're going to have one. I had one done by an amateur for my debut novel and though it had its good points, it did not have the enticement to read the book that this one does. Darrel Saffer's info is at www.dkchristi.com on the home page.
Might have to try it. I've always found the concept a bit strange, and I like more than 140 characters! See how I go.
John I thought I had just done a post on the link about marketing but it didn't come up. This is my first day on your site and I have learned so much it is incredible - unbelievable really.

I don't know what happened to the previous message I sent but it was headed "This is my first post". Should I just post the information again here?
Yes, try posting again. Sometimes the software burps.
I just released my first adult novel and already had a very successful book launch. I did this by inviting everyone I know and only selling to a few people who I knew couldn't make it on the day of my launch. This created much more hype and a feeling of satisfaction when the time finally came.

I've been asking everyone for reviews and waiting for posts to online book sites. The feedback is coming back with positive results and I know it won't be long for the background noise to come to the forefront.
Congratulations Sarah! I'll be doing a book launch in the Spring. Any other practical tips that made your launch successful? And if you don't mind, give us a link to your book so that we can all check it out.
Thanks Steve. Book well in advance, which I see you're doing, and keep up the momentum all authors have in the very beginning. Don't annoy but set up a Facebook event and message all those invited as it gets closer to the event. Set that up well in advance though as the longer people are "attending" the more opportunity there is for them to send invites.

Ask family and friends to come, even if they've bought your book already. The more people around your table, the more cars in the parking lot and the more people who ask what someone is doing that day the more people will follow their lead.

Ask your location to add the event to their newsletter and add it to yours. The more it's seen, the more original places it's read the more buzz you'll create.

Link to my first two chapters and to buy visit my site.

Thanks Steve. Best of luck!
Sarah,

Thanks for the specifics! That helps us all!

J. Steve Miller
President, Legacy Educational Resources
Author of Enjoy Your Money! How to Make It, Save It, Invest It and Give It
"The money book for people who hate money books."
http://wisdomcreekpress.com/press_kits.html
So far, the best think I have found to help promote books is the John 3:16 Marketing Network. It's free for Christian authors, and we help authors to achieve best-seller status on Amazon or Barnes & Noble, depending on which target the author chooses. In two of the three launches we have done so far, authors have received number-one ranking in at least one category.! For more information, go to
http://john316mn.blogspot.com/2010/11/join-john-316-marketing-netwo.... Hurry, though, membership offer expires on December 13, 2010.

Hi Lorilyn,

I have a spiritual book. I tried this attachment and it didn't go. Did you leave anything out by mistake?

I'd like to share what is currently working for me and invite any non-fiction authors to head over to see if your book qualifies for a nomination. As of today there are 7 days left in the contest.

I discovered the Small Business Book Awards and am thrilled to share that my book was nominated.

By tweeting about this contest and reaching out to friends, not only am I very close to being in the Top Ten, my book sales have increased and my opt ins for my free chapter have increased.

I'd be grateful for your vote if you feel so inclined.
Also - there is a "tweet" button that really helps as it posts to twitter and to the voting site.

While there, see if your book qualifies for a nomination!

http://budurl.com/bookawards

Much thanks!
D'vorah

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service