The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

I'd like to start a new forum where people can talk about what's working for you right now in marketing your book.

I think this will help other authors to prioritize their activities if they can find out what's working for other people. This would be especially valuable to new authors.

I've share the hottest tool that I'm using right now. And that's Twitter. As you will note on the main page of this Book Marketing Network website, both my http://www.bookmarket.com website and this network have been rising in Alexa ranks (and visits) because of my use of Twitter.

Views: 8350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had a great review by Project Mojave website on my two alcoholic books: It was a great way to end 2011.  I wanted to share.

Ebook Examination; Please God, Not Two-This Killer Named Alcoholism by Alberta H. Sequeira by Project Mojave Review

Posted on December 29, 2011 by content

Please God, Not Two: This Killer Known as Alcoholism
Alberta H. Sequeira
Infinity Publishing (August 24, 2010)
978-0741460295
343 pages

Creator Alberta H. Sequeira has looked at her share of tragedy created by alcoholism. 20 several years’ right after her loving husband turned into an angry, abusive drunk, the alcohol demon would return; this time proclaiming Sequeira’s youngest daughter, Lori Cahill.

The author’s heartfelt memoir and sequel Someone Stop This Merry-Go-Round: An Alcoholic Family in Crisis (June 2009) describes a marriage to an alcoholic-an existence crammed with unhappiness and dread. Richard Lopes would disregard his addiction until finally death from cirrhosis of the liver in 1985. Now this emotional sequel Please, God, Not Two: This Killer Called Alcoholism details the tortured lifestyle of the mom coming to conditions together with the point her daughter is following in her father’s lethal footsteps.

Please, God, Not Two begins with Alberta and her two daughters inside days right after their father’s death. Alberta was juggling a few careers to create ends meet and her oldest daughter Debbie would marry her high school sweetheart. Lori’s struggles had her skipping high school, and right after graduation she moved in with her boyfriend. Terminating a pregnancy would add to Lori’s soreness and also to the gap between Lori and her mom.

Lori’s lifestyle would see a series of joyful highs and desperate lows more than the subsequent many several years with marriage, the birth of her two little ones and productive careers on the Lopes Construction Company’s family unit firm. Her husband’s profession switch brought money concerns, straining a marriage that may shortly stop in divorce. Her husband didn’t keep up youngster help, leaving Lori barely ready to provide elementary food and outfits for her little ones. Her struggles with alcohol would grow to be a great deal more apparent through her second marriage. Lori and her new husband enjoyed regular family events and Alberta couldn’t help noticing how much liquor was being consumed. As yet another marriage crumbled, Lori, stressed with well-being concerns would send her to a few alcohol rehab clinics.

Like a parent, I couldn’t just imagine the distress of witnessing one among my little ones battle this addiction. Sequeira did so being familiar with what was waiting for her daughter if Lori’s rehab stints had been unsuccessful. Any parent would come to feel guilt for not noticing the indications of alcoholism quicker and Sequeira totally admits her mistakes and regrets. Building this memoir could not have already been simple and I commend Sequeira’s courage for producing so shortly right after Lori’s death.

Please God, Not Two will work as a stand by itself, but I encourage you read it and Someone Stop This Merry-Go-Round together to acquire complete effect of this poignant tale. This can be a candid glance into alcoholism. Sequeira makes no excuses for herself or for her daughter. She writes together with the best of intentions-to benefit other people struggling to avoid wasting a loved one caught inside relentless grip of this illness. The data is properly introduced and Sequeira’s encounters are described by having a desperate honesty which will have you ever reaching for tissues in many scenes.

Extremely recommended by William R. Potter for Reader’s Selection Ebook and paperback Assessments

Readily available at Amazon.com

Alberta H. Sequeira is definitely the creator of A Healing Heart: A Spiritual Renewal, which was awarded the Reviewers Selection Award 2008 Semi-Finalist. Her writing appeared inside Medjugorje USA Highlighter Publication. She is a teacher for Beginning Writer’s Workshops and has appeared on quite a few radio converse displays. Just after losing a husband including a daughter to alcoholism, she has become a speaker on the effect of alcoholism on the complete family unit. She was born in Pocasset, MA, and now lives in Rochester, MA with her husband, Al.

Great review Alberta! That's wonderful!

Thanks, Steve.

You've always been a boost to me. Now I need the sales.

I've done almost daily promotions on Facebook, and through my author blog for my new cozy mystery, News from Dead Mule Swamp. I've sold 45 copies since Dec 1. Don't know if that's good or not, but it seems like a solid beginning. Got a review on Amazon from a complete stranger! I'm pleased when my friends like it, but need to move beyond that, of course, to really do well.

It's available on Smashwords, Amazon, and iWriteReadRate for only 99 cents.

It's an introductory story to a series featuring Anastasia Raven. You can also like her fan page on Facebook.

Congratulations! What kind of a promotion do you do on Facebook? How do you word it?

Hi Joan,

Any movement on sales is great.  I'd be happy with 45 copies being sold.  Good luck to you.

I would like to know how to by-pass family and friends on Facebook and get to the public with promoting my books and speaking engagements.  If I post anything, they are the only ones who see it.

Thanks! 

Everyone who is a FBF should be able to view your post; check your settings. For speaking engagements you can always notify people of an "Event".

Google+ allows you to post and determine who you would like to view your post. 

Thanks!

45 books a month is a lot more than most authors. It's a great way to start.

Now, go beyond Facebook. Start creating relationships with high-traffic websites targeted to your topic and audience.

I see I can learn a lot from this. I just translated my book about the Sun from Norwegian into English and it was just published by Springer. We are working on ways to spread the words about tit. I am using my network and science community. It has been mentioned at several blogs already and Springer is preparing for a press-note soon. So then we will see.. It will also be available as eBook, Kindle and maybe iPad.. The latter would be cool since the book includes a lot of animations..

The book can be views here: Amazon and on Springer

With just hours remaining on my promotion here are the latest stats. Sales in the U.S are DROP OUT – 751 and INSECTLAND – 281. In the UK my sales are DROP OUT – 251 and INSECTLAND – 67. In Germany my sales are DROP OUT – 7 and INSECTLAND – 1. DROP OUT is close to breaking into the top 100 in sales and might in the next few hours. I’ve done a last minute promo blitz of the free books so maybe there may be a final surge. Not bad. If I can get ten or fifteen reviews out of this it will have been well worth it.  It seems a little strange to me that DROP OUT was so overwhelmingly popular compared to INSECTLAND. I feel the cover of INSECTLAND is much more attention getting. I’m starting to think that maybe the majority of Kindle readers are still adults right now and that the kids are just starting to catch up and get interested in the device. If that’s the case, I may be pushing the wrong books and should spend more time promoting my adult thrillers and fiction. We’ll see what happens in the next three months with all my promotions coming to fruition. I had planned on converting all my books by next year anyway and deleting my relationship with iuniverse and paperbacks. Iuniverse charges way too much for a download and they keep like 90% of the royalties. That said, I’ve been in contact with my cover artist, Judy, and have sent her the description for my newest sci-fi, SILENT INVASION. It is a re-write of TIM MADISON GALACTIC WARRIOR that’s been updated and refined. The new story is much edgier and more grown-up than the original. The original is only selling a few copies a year anyway so I figured I’d give it new life. I have also decided not to market my books to literary agents anymore. I think that era of having representation may be finished for me and it would be a waste of my time and energy to pursue that route.

http://www.neilostroff.blogspot.com

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service