The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

I'd like to start a new forum where people can talk about what's working for you right now in marketing your book.

I think this will help other authors to prioritize their activities if they can find out what's working for other people. This would be especially valuable to new authors.

I've share the hottest tool that I'm using right now. And that's Twitter. As you will note on the main page of this Book Marketing Network website, both my http://www.bookmarket.com website and this network have been rising in Alexa ranks (and visits) because of my use of Twitter.

Views: 8350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Vicki, thanks for sharing your experience. I'm not sure at all about whether one day or two days, or another number of days is optimal. With those two books I have up now, they rocketed to the top of two categories each (for Free Kindles) in that first day. I toyed with taking that as my indicator that I needed to do only one day, then see if it remained at the top for a period of time in the paid category. Self publishing guru Dan Poynter said in a listserv that he prefers two day free campaigns, thinking he gets more traction in the two days.

I think we all need to tell our experiences on this and experiment with doing it different ways, so that maybe we can narrow down what's best.

If others have their own experiences, we'd sure like to hear!

Interesting! I'm curious about your two books. Are they a series? I got thinking of offering different ones of a series for free, but I have to finish writing the second one! What I was thinking is if you offer the second one free, then they have to buy the first.

Would love to hear what others have found to be true on what works best. I've noticed that after three weeks of the free promotion, the sales of slowed again. I am starting to think it's time for another day or two of free books!

Vicki,

My sales have slowed way down over the past two days, but I'm not sure if they're going to stay down, or if it's just a fluke.

They're not in a series. The one that did best was a book on personal finance - the only book I've written on that topic. Here's a link to a guest blog I did on the results of the giveaway. I'll try to keep up with my stats and keep refining if I learn more. Some of it I feel is a shot in the dark.

http://kwmccabe.blogspot.com/2012/06/want-to-sell-more-books.html 

J. Steve Miller
Author of Social Media Frenzy “Rethinks social media for authors.”
Author of Sell More Books! “What really works for low profile authors.”

Hello Steve,

Congrats on your books. You are so busy.

I've finally had my new book A Spiritual Renewal; A Journey to Medjugorje come out today in ebook form.

The link is http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&f...

if anyone is interested.

It's a very spiritual memoir about my coming back to my faith after many miracles that take me on a pilgrimage to Medjugorje in Bosnia. I witnessed four out of six visionaries having apparitions with Our Lady.

Enjoy

Congrats on your latest book! Thanks for writing on this topic, which I believe is extremely important. I'm currently writing on near death experiences and their evidential value for the faith. If you'd like a free copy to look over (or anyone else on this forum) in digital form, I'm at the stage of getting input.

J. Steve Miller
Author of Social Media Frenzy “Rethinks social media for authors.”
Author of Sell More Books! “What really works for low profile authors.”

Hello Steve,

I love articles on near death experiences. You can send the ms to me by email and I'll give you review.
memoirs@albertasequeira.com

Hello Vicki,

Thought I'd let you know how I made out at the church doing a speaking event for free.  There were about 16 people and I sold enough books to come home with almost $200. 

As for the court-ordered class for substance abusers, I had three sessions in one day and charged $100 each.  Next time, I'll be going up on price because of leaving the house at 9am and coming home at 7:30pm. I will definetly add the time in.

I haven't been fortuate like a few of you with books flying off the shelves. I'm exhausted promoting and my books are moving slowly.

In August, I have a talk with 60 nurses on alcohol abuse so hope the sales in books goes up. I have a woman who is wonderful coming for free and handles the sales so I can just sign and mix in with the crowd.

Other than that, it's a lot of summer festivals coming up, and two adult educational programs.

Congrats on your proactive book marketing. Good job!

Alberta, sorry for my slow response! Isn't it fascinating to see what works and what doesn't? Are you on GoodReads? I'm slowly discovering it and so far love what opportunities there are for authors to promote their books. I'm trying to focus more on on-line marketing, although I miss the face to face component.

Hope all is going well!!

Hi Vicki,

I am on GoodReads but I am struggling with time to check sites. I had to write two different talks coming up for 60 nurses and an event for substance abusers, on top of updating my workshop pamphlet.

I started to write twice a week for the CapeCodToday and Plymouth Daily News Blogs. I'm really going in a lot of directions since I have my own blog and website.

Trying to get out there and get myself and books known.  It's not as much fun as writing the books!

Agreed, Alberta! It takes time and work. I just find GoodReads a good place! It seems like every time I do something there, I sell another Kindle book. Of course, I have no way of tracking where the sale is coming from, but it's nice! Good luck on all your work! Don't burn yourself out!

I attempted to download the book but it's showing a price of $9.99. Did I do something wrong?

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service