I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Diana Black and Mary Cunningham over at a fun site called Bookland Heights. Had a great time and highly recommend it to all of you authors.
From the site:
Here's the idea behind BH: Authors helping authors increase exposure to potential readers and buyer$ of book$.
BH offers authors:
1. Permanent inclusion on Author Alley (the blog sidebar)
2. Sitemeter stats while titles are up
3. Promotion via Twitter, Facebook, Plaxo, Linked In, GoodReads, NothingBinding, AuthorsDen, BookPlace, Book Marketing, Digg, etc, and other group lists & blogs during that period.
BH needs from authors:
1. JPG(s) of book cover(s)
2. Links to web/blog/social networking sites
3. Links to direct buy the titles through publisher, Amazon, etc
4. Short "teaser" and/or review blurb
Optional: Author photo and/or BRIEF answers (25 words or less per topic) to the following questions:
what or who most influenced your writing?
what is the one thing you want readers to know about your book(s) and/or writing?
what is your next project and when can we expect to read it?
We also suggest authors "Follow" the blog to increase their long-term promotion.
In addition, when their titles are posted:
Alert their list of contacts and direct them to BH blog
Announce via their social network
Monitor the blog so they can respond to comments aimed at them
We're always happy to answer questions. I really look forward to hearing from you again!
Best from Bookland Heights: Moving to New Heights in the Land of Books,