The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

The finish is too philisophical (A book review by Lonnie Holder of Voice of Conscience

Following is an excerpt from a recent review by Lonnie Holder of my novel, "Voice of Conscience" by Behcet Kaya

"I enjoyed most of this book. I found the story of the Ozcomert family to be compelling and interesting. Kaya's story held my interest until Ozcomert decided that he had to avenge the family honor. Even then, most of the story was interesting. What failed to interest me was Ozcomert's philosophical noodling over his cultural need for vengeance in comparison to his acquired morals that considered murder wrong. As Ozcomert did his soul-searching I wondered why I had to read about such a boring subject. Mr. Kaya's point was that no good would come of people avenging themselves, regardless of how noble their purpose. Sorry, but this lesson has been better taught by authors going back into ancient times, with more recent examples from Shakespeare, Mark Twain, and even Tom Clancy."

I am amazed that soul searching has become a boring subject. Aren't we here to question, search, reach, become?

Behcet Kaya

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

I have to agree with you. I think people who seem unable to appreciate anything with a message are boring. I also have written a book with some ideological statements in it. In fact, much of the book is to explain and advocate a particular philosophy of life. Not all books are merely to entertain. So, I would suggest you hold to your principals and put what you want in your book. That's what I plan to do.
Priscilla,

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I take them to heart as I am working on my second novel, which will be the story of a US naval officer, who again, is faced with a life altering experience.

Good luck to you and your book.
Behcet Kaya
www.behcetkaya.com

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service