Welcome to the Dark Side!
It’s that time of year again, when the ghouls come out play and so do we horror writers. Yes, boys and girls it’s Coffin Hop Time
For those of you not in the know, here’s a brief explanation of what will unfold: Every October a horde of horror writers get together for an annual event and turn the last week of the month into the spooky festival of terror called Coffin Hop. It is a Halloween and horror themed blog hop that runs from Oct. 24th
until the 31st
. We have stories, trivia, ghoulish delights, and tons of contests. You can check out the official rundown here: http://coffinhop.com/what-is-coffin-hop-2/
For my participation, I have daily posts planned, with two book spotlights, a dark poetry corner, an excerpt by guest writer Jennifer L. Gifford
, a multi-author spotlight, some scary drabbles by guest author Michael Brookes, a interview with my character Balthazar, and a Poe inspired story for Halloween. In addition, my blog is part of Melissa Smith’s scavenger hunt, so be sure to check out her blog for details: http://melissasmithbooks.wordpress.com/
Plus, I’ll be running a Rafflecopter contest all week, with lots of great prizes (see the bottom of the post for the contest).
So that’s the scoop on Coffin Hop. And after you’ve read this post, you can pop over to http://coffinhop.com/
to find out who else is hopping by checking out the Linky list.
Now join in today’s devilish fun…
I’ve recently published my newest horror story collection, Killers and Demons II: They Return, a book that (as you may have guessed) focuses on villains. So today, I’m starting off the Hop with a book spotlight and a bonus Villain List.
Killers and Demons II: They Return
Evil is back, with a greater appetite for death.
They lurk forever in the shadows, smile at you in the morning, and haunt your dreams at night. You can’t hide, you can’t run, and there’s no escape. You can only scream when they come for you.
Killers and Demons II: They Return is a collection of thirteen tales, blending short stories and flash fiction, tales where the blood lingers on your tongue or spurts quickly from the swift cut.
Wade, every parent’s nightmare
Hannah and Mr. Greeley. Who is the victim and who is the villain?
Simon and Zoe, a married couple who are dying to be single again.
Norman and his "cookie" of a wife, Mabel.
Millicent and Jane, a delightful duo you shouldn’t invite to your Regency tea party
Amanda, who literally has a skeleton in her closet
Balthazar, the demon bounty hunter on the hunt once more.
Sarah, a young woman going through some changes and craving new tastes
Emmeline, burned as a witch, now back from the dead for revenge
Gabrielle, a woman haunted by shadows
The Dollmaker, she showers death, and an umbrella won’t help
Nightmare Demons, bent on driving a town insane
And then there’s Alice, a little girl locked in the basement by her Daddy…
Together they form a spine-chilling cadre of predators.
Find the book at:
On to the contest. I have three prizes up for grabs:
- First Prize: An autographed (by me) paperback of Legends and Lore and Smashwords copies of Killers and Demons and Killers and Demons II
- Second Prize: Mini potion bottles and a pouch
- Third Prize: A Smashwords copy of Killers and Demons II: They Return
(Note: There will a small delay in delivery of the Legends and Lore paperback, as it is being shipped to me from the publisher before it continues on to the winner.)
Here's some photos of the prizes:
Now here’s that added bonus, a quick list of some of my favourite sci-fi/fantasy/horror villains on TV:
- Crowley (Supernatural): He’s the ever-so charming King of Hell, what more do you need?
- White Walkers (Game of Thrones): In a show simply overflowing with nasty types, these guys are downright chilling (pun intended).
- Hydra (Agents of Shield): What could be better than mad scientists and ruthless sleeper agents.
- The Daleks (Doctor Who): One word – Exterminate.
- The Headless Horseman/Henry Parish (Horseman of War)/Moloch (Sleepy Hollow): With this trio, the coming apocalypse is in very malevolent hands.
- Samaritan/Greer (Person of Interest): Creepy AI and his handler that are puppet masters for human security and covert spy operations. Nothing could possibly go wrong there.
- Hannibal Lector (Hannibal): Suave, elegant, and totally creepy.
Feel free to add your own villain to the list in the comment section. And be sure to pop back tomorrow for a peek at the Legends and Lore anthology, full of gods, mer-people, Valkyries, and my own contribution, Arthurian witches.
Yes my minions, you lovers of the ghastly and the ghoulish, another Coffin Hop
commences tomorrow. This year I bring you more delightful dreadful treats of horror with a double theme of Myths and Villains.
This year’s agenda will bring frights and chills, terrors and thrills. I have in store for you:
- Spotlights on my two latest books: Killers and Demons II: They Return and Legends and Lore: An Anthology of Mythic Proportions.
- Guest authors, bringing their stories, their books and their thoughts on horror
- My annual dark poetry corner, with lots of dripping blood
- A reluctant interview with Balthazar, everyone's favourite demon bounty hunter.
- A Poe inspired tale for Halloween
- A great contest.
So join in the horrific fun, and return here tomorrow.