For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers
DID YOU KNOW?
Five of the big six New York publishers are foreign owned?
(1) Random House, Inc., a division of Bertelsmann AG a German Corporation, is the world's largest English-language general trade book publisher.
(2) The Penguin Group, also referred to as Penguin Putnam, is owned by Pearson of the United Kingdom, is the second largest publisher in the United States and Canada and the largest in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and India.
(3) Simon & Schuster, Inc., is the publishing arm of Viacom the lone major American trade publisher.
(4) Harper Collins, a subsidiary of the News Corporation Limited is an Australian company and has annual revenues of over $1 billion.
(5) Hachette Book Group USA formerly the Time Warner Book Group Inc. is French corporation.
(6) Holtzbrinck Publishing Holdings, headquarters in Germany.From WriterReaders.com