Here are some spell-binding numbers for you Harry Potter fans and observers:
- 325 million - number of copies the first six books in the series have sold worldwide.
- 66 - number of languages Harry Potter books have been published in.
- 6.9 million - number of Half-Blood Prince copies sold in the 24 hours after it went on sale in 2005 (more than The Da Vinci Code sold that entire year).
- 4,000 - dollar amount of J.K. Rowling's advance for the first Potter book.
- 500 - number of copies of the first book's initial print run.
- 40,000 - maximum dollar amount paid for one of those first editions.
- 700,000 - number of web sites and blogs dedicated to Harry Potter.
- 62 million - number of kids in the U.S. who possess a Harry Potter book.
- 60 million - number of adults in the U.S. who own a Harry Potter book.
- 44.8 million - number of dollars earned on the opening day of the Order of the Phoenix movie.
- 3.5 billion - amount of money the first four Potter movies have grossed worldwide.
Wow! Makes me want to yell, "Expecto Patronum!"
Source: July 27 article
in The Week. Also available as a PDF from this Brand Autopsy blog page
Read more posts like this at
You need to be a member of The Book Marketing Network to add comments!
Join The Book Marketing Network