For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers
Back in December, the parent company of the shopping cart I have used for years, Kickstart Cart, raised their prices by $20/month. Many of my clients were dismayed at the prospect of paying almost $1200/year for this service. So, I decided to go out on the hunt for a comparable shopping cart. I found only one, QuickPayPro.com, that seemed to be similar in offerings. However, once I got inside and starting tinkering around with their setup, I discovered a number of things:
1. Tech support is provided by email only. If you want phone support, it's a pay-by-incident situation.
2. Their online documentation is poor, at best, and not very helpful.
3. They don't offer the option of bundling items or doing an upsell (i.e., recommending other items).
4. Customization of your checkout page header by product isn't possible.
5. They don't offer flexibility in customizing any signup forms in an HTML editor.
So, if you don't know the features of the Kickstart Cart system, I suppose this would be a viable option. I guess I'm spoiled, as are my clients, with the features of Kickstart Cart. What's the main advantage of using Kickstart Cart? It offers so many features that you'll grow into as your Internet marketing becomes more sophisticated.
To your online success!