Writers in the Sky Newsletter relies on subscribers like you to send in articles, tips and resources. Therefore, the more subscribers we have, the more information we have to share and the more your message gets in front of others. Tell your writing and publishing colleagues about Writers in the Sky Newsletter or forward it to others you know who may be interested.
I enjoy reading newsletters from other writers. I also love networking. That is why I publish a monthly e-zine Writers in the Sky filled with tips about the business and craft of writing and publishing. I allow people to submit articles, blurbs, announcements and advertorials which highlight their writing business and products. It's my way of connecting people in the writing and publishing industry.
If you would like to read the current or archived issues or get on my mailing list, you may do so at http://www.yvonneperry.net/Writers-in-the-Sky-Newsletter.html.
Here are the guidelines for submission to Writers in the Sky Newsletter:
1. There is a limit of 750 words per article.
2. The piece must be about the craft or business of writing and publishing.
3. Include a short bio with your submission. I want to give proper credit.
4. Use Times New Roman 11 point font.
5. Promotion of your own material is accepted if it is written in an advertorial (article) style. No colored text box (jpg, bmp, etc.) ads. The article must be content rich.
6. Book reviews are accepted as long as they highlight the book and its author in a positive manner.
7. Poetry is accepted. I will publish three short works (less than 25 lines) in each issue. Do not double space between lines.
8. Announcements of upcoming events, personal accomplishments, special offers, etc. are accepted. Try to keep these less than 250 words.
9. MS Word docs are okay, but txt files are preferred.
10. Each submitting writer retains the copyright to his or her own piece of literature and may use it elsewhere.
11. Since I do not charge a fee for the newsletter, I am unable to pay for submittals. However, the networking opportunity is worth a lot.
12. The newsletter will be sent on the first of each month. I need all submittals in by the 25th day of the month prior.
Book reviews should use this or a similar format: http://www.writerbynature.com/article.php?story=reviewwritingtechniquehowtobookreview
I look forward to hearing from you when you email your submission to writersinthesky at Comcast dot net.