1. What resources do you want access to? 2. What part of the publicity process seems to be the most difficult?
3. What would make your Book PR campaign a success to you?
4. What part of getting started is the most difficult?
5. Would you like media training for broadcast interviews?
6. Do you have a “30 second” pitch that you have memorized about your book?
7. Do you know how to speak in media-savvy sound bites?
8. Do you have a platform for your book – and/or have you built a demand or anticipation for your book?
9. Do you have a professional press kit and EPK? Author photo?
10. Do you know what goes in a press kit?
11. Do you have endorsements for your book?
12. Could your cover sell your book without YOU being there to explain it?
13. Do you have by-lines in other publications? You have the Christian Writers Market Guide to know who to submit articles to?
14. Have you employed a social networking strategy (i.e. facebook, myspace, twitter) in your branding strategy?
15. Do you have internet ranking/presence? (blog, ning, website optimized?)
16. Do you sell books online? On Amazon?
17. Do you have your own media contacts? Do you know how to pitch the media?
18. Is your book nationally distributed? Do you know how it’s selling?
19. What writer’s conferences do you attend or will you attend next year?
20. How often do you read marketing books and trade or writer’s magazines?
21. Which books or magazines have helped you the most in promoting your book?
22. How often do you attend book signings of other authors?
23. Are you a member of a critique group, book club or writers group?
24. Do you have an ad budget? An advertising plan?
25. Do you know the top ten books in your genre and their websites? Do you follow their cues? Do you have a book mentor?
26. Do you join forums or yahoo groups and comment?
27. Do you subscribe to any blogs and post blog comments?
28. Have you ever been a “guest blogger” for any blogs?
29. Do you regularly send out press releases through the PR Wire services like Black Gospel Promo.com, ChristianPRGroup.com, PR Web.com or BlackNews.com?
30. Do you regularly solicit testimonials about your book from readers?
31. Do you have postcards or book marks for your book? Do you put them everywhere!?
32. Do you have a booktrailer?
33. Do you podcast? Ever been on one?
Return to: Pam Perry, www.PamPerryPRCoach.com ---- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org