About me ...
What is a British lady doing living in Istanbul, Turkey since the 1990s?
Well, I guess it is just like author John Freely says, "The city just gets inside you and never lets you go."
And my interest in this network ...
... books about Turkey, books set in Turkey, books that will get Turks reading, books to be translated English/Turkish ... in short, anything about books and Turkey!
I would like to invite you to:
* Come and visit me at my store Greenhouse in Kadikoy, Istanbul, the largest English language bookstore on the Asian side of this vast inter-continental city
* Help us excite Turkish children about reading. We can arrange for you to have great opportunities in a speaking tour in private schools in Istanbul
* Check out my book reviews every Sunday in a national English-language Turkish newspaper : www.sundayszaman.com - Arts and Culture page
* Send me texts and manuscripts that need translating. Recent translations that I have published include "The History of Turkish Coffee", "Mevlana Year 2007" and "The Hittites".
* Attend a writer's workshop in Istanbul. WOW! What a great location! This fall we will be running a 3 day workshop with famous author Barbara Nadel (who says she sets her detective novels in Istanbul because "there are so many good places to hide a body")
* Check out my business partner's book that I edited: "Culture Smart - Turkey" by Charlotte McPherson
İyi okumalar! - Happy Reading!