For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers
Time: April 3, 2010 from 9am to 4pm
Location: Earl Graves School of Business at Morgan State University
Street: 1700 E. Coldspring Lane
Website or Map: http://authorbusiness/eventbr…
Event Type: workshops, for, us, authors
Organized By: Eye for Change, Improve and Progress, Philatonian Productions and Briefcase Radio Show
Latest Activity: Apr 10, 2010
Registration Deadline: March 15, 2010
Authorpreneurship: A Serious Boot camp for the Author in You
Hosted By IP Collaborations, EDAC and Ladonna
Your Investment includes Continental Breakfast, Lunch, An interactive handbook for becoming an authorpreneur & an opportunity to receive 10 minute interview about your book on BriefCase Radio Workshop
A percentage of the proceeds will benefit Engaging Youth Entrepreneurs for Change, Inc. (a registered 501c3 Organization www.eyeforchange.org).
Workshops (1 hour per session; interactive sessions)
* Define Your Audience & Writing
* From Paper to Book (Publishing Strategies)
* The Business
* Author's Panel
* Close the event
* You've Been Booked Challenge (opened only to the first ten people to register & pay)
* Networking (vendors and participants)
* Announce the Winner
You've Been Booked Challenge:
* 1st ten people to register are eligible to participate.
* $250 cash prize, 3 months of coaching on writing their book and interviewed on BriefCase Radio Workshop.
* 5 minute presentation to judges to get "Booked" (presentations must contain information on who will read your book, how will you reach prospective readers, genre of book and explanation of why your book will sell, 90 day action play (what will you do in 90 days to advance your book business), what are the sources of funds you have or will receive to get published.
* All participants must attend all workshops to obtain strategies from workshops. Participants will receive instruction throughout the day on how to become an authorpreneur.
* Participants will be judged on the criteria mentioned in bullet point number 3 and the potential to take the book to market.
For vendor and sponsorship details, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.