The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

What's Your Biggest Challenge with Your Book?

I'd be interested to learn what authors/publishers on this network think their biggest challenges are with their book. I wonder if there's any common, pervasive challenge we all face.

Views: 9097

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can do it!  sending vibes of courage and good luck your way :)

I feel the vibes Joleene! Thank you for the courage. I know you are nervous a bit too on your venture. If you can I can too. Writers unite!  To paraphrase words of Stewart Smalley, "Were good enough, were smart enough, and gosh darn it people like our books.

Exactly! And if we can publish we can do anything :D

Let's all help our very own Joleene Naylor tackle her current biggest challenge with her book.

Today she is launching book 6 in her Amaranthine series and I think it would be a great display of support on our side if we all did what we could to plug Ms. Naylor's books over the next several days.

So, please, the next time you are posting something on one of your social networks-add a little blurb or shout out to Joleene Naylor, her Amaranthine series and especially to her latest book in her series-Children of Shadows.

Thank you all and have a great weekend!

:-D

Thanks so much for the thoughts :D I have the flu on top of everything so haven't been able to do much today except lay in bed and whine, LOL!

Okay, well, feel better.

I know it is easier said than done, but if you try to maintain the same sleep schedule, it really does help your body to keep its defenses up :-)

Hope you are feeling better today :-)

I am finally on the upswing - i can breathe again! Yay! 

Thanks for all the kind thoughts :)

Now its my turn. Lol contagious over the internet who'd of thought! Hahaha

Actually got it from my twins. bleh. Took Echinacea when I felt it coming on so it has not hit me as bad as I normally get it thank goodness.

I hope you get better quickly.

John

Hope you feel better soon!

As Joleen indicated, the hardest part was having my main characters die - even though they were in the 80s in the early 19th Century. Had their son and daughter take over.

Even worse was having to write how the missions went from flowers in California with bountiful gardens, fields, orchards and vineyards into ruins as a result of Mexican Independence and the demand of taking the missions away from the friars and turning them over to Indians who were unready, undisciplined, and unskilled. It was a shameful time in California missions that nobody cares to write about.

It's like destroying your own universe :( Even though it's history, you've still crafted details etc. in and to an extent you own it, only the fate has already been decided for you. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service