The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

I know that I should go to a trademark lawyer, however at this time that can't be done due to funds. So I am asking if anyone here has an answer or a direction to send me.

I started using a name/phrase that I put the tm behind back in May of 2007. I, and 3 other people, had checked google and didn't find where anyone else was using the name/phrase. So I started using it with the tm behind it in my newsletter, on my business cards, in groups, and even on a couple of blogs.

Today I googled the name/phrase and came up with over 18,000 hits. I have found where people not many just a couple) used that name/phrase back in 2006 prior to my using it but not with the tm or registered trademark symbol. One person used it on a couple of posts on their blog and could possibly be construed as using it for business purposes. But it could be loosely interpreted that way as they don't use it through the rest of their site or marketing.

My question is: If any one has used that name/phrase with the same intention that I am using it without the tm symbol, is that considered an infringement on trademark? And what should I do about it? There is even a new ebay group that started in December of 2007 that used it.

I really need some help on this, as this name is the basis of my whole marketing and actually what I do. I mean I actually do this for people.

Help and Thanks!

Views: 1

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service