The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

I'd like to start a new forum where people can talk about what's working for you right now in marketing your book.

I think this will help other authors to prioritize their activities if they can find out what's working for other people. This would be especially valuable to new authors.

I've share the hottest tool that I'm using right now. And that's Twitter. As you will note on the main page of this Book Marketing Network website, both my http://www.bookmarket.com website and this network have been rising in Alexa ranks (and visits) because of my use of Twitter.

Views: 8348

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How many authors who are speakers have the problem of locations wanting you to fill their events, yet, they claim to have no money for your service?  I done some for free.  About my topic is substance abuse, losing my husband and daughter from the disease, I talk at halfway homes, rehabilitation centers, court-ordered programs, and have been invited twice to talk to men and women inmates in jail. I also speak at churches, libraries and schools.

No one offers to pay. It's getting depressing so that I have refused some.

That's the key. I have done small event with attendees at churches, and it's amazing how they buy your books. I believe, if you know what you are talking about with your talk, your books sell.

Thanks Angela

Authors might want to check out Artisan Book Reviews and Chick Lit Cafe

They both do a fabulous job of writing great book reviews and then help with promotion by posting the book and review (with purchase links) all over social media and on many various book and reader websites.

Thank you so much, Ella, for this information.  I'd had wonderful reviews but a lot of time has gone by without any.  I need them for a new book.

Alberta

Twitter is still one of the most effective networks out there. Facebook and Instagram filtering posts heavily, it's now become almost impossible to get any visibility, unless you want to pay for it.

What has always worked for me is building relationships with people. I also do a lot of research with targeted keywords, and Twitter results are often better than what I would get with a regular search engine.  

Hi John,

I have published my first eBook(To-Do List Secrets: A Short & Practical Guide to Get a Lot More Done using Effective To-Do Lists) on amazon kindle (https://getbook.at/ToDoListSecrets). Can you please guide me on how to promote eBooks or Which is the best platform to promote eBooks? 

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service