The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

Amazon has sold 25,000 of my books, articles, and stories for download by Kindle owners in the past six months. If others are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please join this new group and we can focus on the opportunity and how to make the most of it.

Views: 143

Replies to This Discussion

well, after some hesitation, i have finally kindled. BLACK PASSENGER YELLOW CABS is officially kindled and will be live in 12-72 hours. this is my first attempt at getting this work of non-fiction out. correct me if im wrong, but im thinking i would first kindle it, and use the proceeds from the kindling to build a website on which an internet ebook will be available. then use the proceeds from both media to publish in hardcopy. my question now is: how do i market the kindled book. thanks in advance for your advice
Congratulations, Stefhen! Your book's page looks great, and the other bibliographic info that I am sure you posted usually takes another few days. Here are a few thoughts.

Marketing

* Since you've got a nonfiction book, make careful use of the "keywords" and "search categories" fields on the Amazon Digital Text Platform to help people find your book even when they are looking for something else that is similar in some way. Categories are limited to 5, keywords appear to be unlimited.

* Check out and participate in one of the most popular "discussions" on the Amazon KIndle forums: http://www.amazon.com/Have-you-published-book-Kindle/forum/FxBVKST0...

* If someone tells you s/he likes your book, encourage a review.

* Think pebble-pebbles-rocks-avalanche: you'll be amazed what 3-4 sales in a 24-hour period can do to your sales rankings. (Category ranking lists may not kick in for a new title for about a week, but they can be valuable if you climb near the top....)

Other Publishing Platforms

You are on the right track in the way you are thinking about this, but the good news is that you can pretty much put away your checkbook!

* For other digital publishing venues, check out ebookbase.com and Mobipocket (associated)

* Consider using Blogger to build a free author website, whether you intend to blog or not

* Consider using CreateSpace for a free, efficient, fast, distribution-synchronized print-on-demand service that will also allow you to print multiple copies for your own use (signings, selling signed copies on Amazon Marketplace, etc) at a very low price point

Good luck! And I would be remiss not to mention that there's a lot more info in my new book The Complete User's Guide to the Amazing Amazon Kindle .
I am interested in the Kindle Platform. I have written a series of children's storybooks and designed the characters into rag dolls. I am on the threshold of launching this idea and looking for opportunities to get the most exposure for this project. Any information will be helpful. Thank you, Paris
I was told by a Kindle publisher that non-fiction books sell well in Kindle format; fiction books do not sell well unless the author is well-known; and children and YA books do not sell well at all. What is your experience and opinion of this?
Hey, "His Work Christian Publishing"! I was told the same thing regarding young adult fiction and the Kindle, but I decided to go ahead and publish my middle-grade novel (The Partial Adventures of Tillie McGwinn) for the device as an experiment. If you're interested, I can report back in a few months to let you know how it's working out. I've decided to charge just $0.99 to see if that encourages sales. Incidentally, it's available at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0025VLC5Y, if anyone's interested in giving it a try. I have also created a supportive web site (http://www.tilliemcgwinn.com). We'll see how it works!
We're starting to put some of the White Cloud Press backlist titles on Kindle; it will be VERY interesting to see what that does for sales. At the very least, it's an excellent news peg to mention these good older books again. Where is the best Kindle-owner publicity?

Hi,

I just joined and I'm looking forward to learning from this group.

I plan to publish some short stories and a novel on Kindle later this year.

For the novel, I plan to hire someone to design the cover, but do I need to do the same for the short stories?

Thanks!

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service