The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

About twenty years ago a woman I know made over a million dollars selling a blank book called "Everything Men Know about Women" through clothing boutiques. She didn't approach bookstores at all.

I am conducting a marketing campaign for my debut novel, Life is Funny: A Riveting Tale of Comedy, Hairdressing, and Texas Politics through beauty shops, particularly in Texas. This makes sense because my protagonist is a hairdresser and ends up running a gubernatorial campaign through beauty salons. It's only been a week since I sent out initial publicity packets, but I've already gotten a cosmetology magazine to agree to review the book. And my first booksigning -- next week -- will be in a salon rather than a bookstore.

Since I chose POD, it's difficult to get signings in traditional bookstores, so I think this might be a good idea if it you can find a hook that works. Has anyone else tried anything like this for their novel?

Views: 0

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I just wrote to some shoe stores to see if they might be interested in carrying my novel, Jen-Zen & The One Shoe Diaries.
Hi Leigh Anne. Like your thoughts and approach. Since December 2006, the traditional book sales market has fallen about 3% per month until September when it had a slight uptick. There are readers everywhere and Kremer's matrix about finding where they are works for most of us. Terrible movies are being produced and terrible books are being promoted by the large houses. We can make it through non-traditional methods of marketing and when your gem gets "buzz" then nothing can hold it back. Once you get a saloon to handle your books drop by when they are full and talk to the customers and sign books. Every woman under a hair dryer is reading something--right? May it go well with you. Jim
I can offer you free advertising on 3 websites. Yes, I said free. Go to www.thebookattic.us and fill out a submission form and we do it all from there. Then we will e-mail you the page that your book is on so that you can see it. We also offer an autographed book store where the transaction is between you and your purchaser, we only post it there for free as well. Hope this will help you with your marketing. www.thebookattic.us has been in existence for less than 2 months and we have received a wonderful response and over 1,000 hits. We are ever growing and hope to see you there.

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service