The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

I have written two novels in what I hope will be a long series. The first I published with PublishAmerica ( I know, I know), and I am trying very hard not to repeat any past mistakes. I am looking for a recommendation for an agent or publisher willing to take on a relatively new author. Any reccomendations will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks,
Ron Adams

Views: 0

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ron,

My name is Leigha and i have just been published with PA and have also been looking for someone to help me. I think that once people find out that you've been with PA they dont want to touch oyu that is the experience that i have been having. But anyways, good luck
What genre are they, Ron? Which country are you targeting to be released in?

I'm an acquisitions editor at a new small publishing company, Enspiren Press, but you might not want a small press, I don't know. Are looking for a large publisher? Most large publishers only handle submissions from agents.
Check http://www.agentquery.com
A series can be a hard sell. If each book can stand alone as well as be a series your chances of selling are greater.
Anne Whitfield.
Thank you for the reply Ann. I am more than willing to consider a new small press, if they are willing to consider me. The books are in the mystery/PI genre, and as I noted, one has been published by PublishAmerica for distribution in the US. They are a series, in that each novel has the same main character(s), but they are meant to be separate stories that can stand alone. The only basis of comparison I could make would be the Spenser or Jesse Stone series by Robert B. Parker, the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, or the Travis McGee series by John MacDonald. A synopsis of both books is available on my profile page if you would care to take a look. I would welcome any suggestions or ideas you would be willing to offer.
I've had relationships with two small, independent publishers. They may not have the clout of the majors, but they work on behaalf of their suthors. But no matter if you are with Simon & Schudter or with an indie, an author must learn the art of tireless self-promotion. All the best to you. - Rita
Ron,

After going the "self-publish" route, you may wish to launch your own publishing company and re-release your first book as well as the second one on your own label while you continue your pursuit of a publisher. This way, you have more control and if self-publishing is the only way for your second book to be heard, the cost is comparable and ordering of books may be greatly reduce. Keep me posted of your findings as you research this alternative.

Happy Reading!

Maybe post a discussion to members who have traveled this road for directions.
FOLLOWUP:

For starters you may want to purchase your own ISBN numbers, so you can retain ownership to shop your books around.

Continued Blessings.

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service