The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

I like to divide the world into two kinds of people -- people who divide the world and the other kind! No, really -- process people and results people. Do you love to have meetings? Or do you like to cross things off your to-do list? Do you like long, complex projects that have no end? Or do you like to see each project come to fruition and move on to the next one?

I believe that people who write mysteries are results people. People who write literary coming-of-age type stories are process people.

What do you think?

Views: 22

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with your statements above and in your introduction. Putting the puzzle together is definately one of the perks to writing thirllers. The end result for the reader is "I can't believe it" or "damn, I should have thought of that.
Fun, isn't it?
Thanks for inviting me to your space here, I look forward to the interaction with other thriller authors. My next novel will be out soon, of course it is....what do you think?....could it be.....maybe it is.....a thriller!

Bob Buckholz
Author
White House Deception
Aubrey's Innocence
Meredith,
I like to divide people into 4 distinct categories: those that make things happen (results people), Those tha watch things happen (process people), those that wonder what the hell just happened (academics), and those who don't even suspect anything is happening (politicians).

Seriously, I think those that write mysteries are all about the results, but I think we all take a certain amount of pleasure in leading the readers through the process of arriving at those results. I mean, who can't resist the odd twist and turn before the killer(s) is revealed? Half the fun of writing a mystery or thriller is knowing where you're going, and then figuring out exactly how to get there.

I am ew to this Forum, and like everything else in my writing career, I am looking forward to learning from the pros. I have made my share of mistakes along the way (ex. PublishAmerica), but i am still trying to improve my knowledge of both the art and business of writing. I hope I can keep up with you all.

Ron Adams
Author
LAKE EFFECT
KEY LIME SQUEEZE publisher pending
I agree..

If I get investment from you, I could give THE NAISA MAFIA the success that it is destined to have. I, CHAU VAN TRUONG, is a published author of 2 books titled FOR THE LOVE OF THE KILL and THE NAISA MAFIA. I also have my script SECRETS KEPT optioned by FYLMAR PRODUCTIONS which I am pursuing arbitration with. I am a proving, bankable, and marketable talent that could make you money. Please read a little of what I sent to you before ignoring me. I will send you the manuscripts and scripts at your request…

Read articles on author/filmmaker CHAU VAN TRUONG conflict and lawsuit with FYLMAR PRODUCTIONS..

Fylmar Productions' Client, Pro Wrestling Superstar Ernest 'The Cat' Miller is Cast Opposite Mickey Rourke in Darren Aronofsky's Upcoming Film 'The Wrestler'!

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Jan. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Illustrious former wrestling superstar Ernest "The Cat" Miller, best know for his character "The Cat" in both Vince McMahon's World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and Ted Turner's former World Champion Wrestling (WCW) leagues has been cast as "Ayatollah", a major role opposite legendary actor Mickey Rourke in the upcoming motion picture "The Wrestler". The film is being directed by one of the movie industry's most respected directors, Darren Aronofsky ("Requiem for a Dream", "The Fountain").
Ernest Miller boasts an auspicious resume in the entertainment industry and is soon to be seen playing the role as Ernie Shavers opposite Michael Jai White in the 2008 television series "The Legend of Bruce Lee". He is also in production on "Blood and Bone" which is expected to hit theatres in early 2009.
Miller was repped by Jordan Yale Levine, who together with his partner, Franco Sama owns Fylmar Productions, LLC -- Fylmar Productions, best known for executive producing independent feature films ("Tooth & Nail", "Life Goes On") and television ("Behind the Curtains"), recently expanded by opening a talent management division to which they signed Miller as one of their select few clients.

Franco Sama/Jordan Yale
Founder(s) / Executive Producer(s)
Fylmar Productions, LLC
9601 Wilshire Blvd. -- Suites 755
Beverly Hills, CA. 90210
Web @ www.Fylmar.com
Email: franco@fylmar.com
Web site: www.fylmar.com/
© 2008 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.

KEITH E. COOPER, ESQ.
Attorney at Law
1800 Century Park East, Suite 600
Ph (310) 388-3850
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Fx (310) 388-3851

October 3, 2007

Franco Sama
Jordan Yale Levine
Fylmar Productions LLC
9601 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 755
Beverly Hills, CA. 90210

Reference: "SECRETS KEPT"/Expiration of Option

Dear Messrs. Sama and Levine:
On behalf of my client, Chau Van Truong, I am writing to remind you that your option on
the screenplay entitled “Secrets Kept” (the “Property) expired on September 15, 2007. You did not exercise the option under its terms prior to the expiration date, and therefore all rights have reverted to my client. If you have not already done so, you must immediately cease and desist development, pre-production, financing, and all other activities in connection with this Property. Should you wish to obtain a new option in connection with the Property, please contact me directly. As you are aware, my client is the sole owner of this Property and no other individual is authorized to represent his interests.
Very truly yours,
Keith E. Cooper

KEC:01
cc: Chau Van Truong

Chau Van Truong
574 SW 180th Avenue
Pembroke Pines, FL 33029
Phone (805) 766-4865
chauvantruong@gmail.com

THE NAISA MAFIA: Chronicle Of The Godfather is a self-published book and 4-part screenplays written by author/filmmaker CHAU VAN TRUONG. 20,000 copies were published and around 13,000 have been sold and 7,000 are in storage. The title has been shortened to THE NAISA MAFIA and has been re-edited. Passionately believing in THE NAISA MAFIA, I arrogantly thought that I could market, promote, and network it myself. It is a mistake I made but do not regret because it made me realize that I cannot do it myself. I am looking, needing, and wanting an agent to represent THE NAISA MAFIA to a big publication to make it globally successful. The story has mass appeal because I had over 100,000 friends and a half-million views on the networking site, myspace.com, before I got deleted. I have attached the accolades of THE NAISA MAFIA from the WRITER’S DIGEST to the query.
I, CHAU VAN TRUONG, am also a proven author and published my first book titled FOR THE LOVE OF THE KILL. I am also a proven filmmaker because I had a 6-months option for my screenplay titled SECRETS KEPT with FYLMAR PRODUCTIONS, who produced the motion picture TOOTH AND NAIL, http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7752797 , who I am currently suing.
THE NAISA MAFIA is a saga in the rise and fall of a man named Phi-Long Tran - Godfather of THE NAISA MAFIA, who started and operated the most powerful international crime syndicate. The brutality and the ruthlessness of his reign are chronicled through his footsteps as he tries to remain on top.
As a boy, Phi-Long seeks his father’s approval and his mother’s understanding. In his quest, he finds none. No matter how hard he tries, Phi-Long is denied. In order to find the love he desired, he starts a surrogate family fueled by the dark primitive instincts of men, which is to rule with extreme prejudice. To become a man of honor and respect, he must adhere to the fear of his trade that is to kill all who go against him.
An enigma to the people Phi-Long commandeered, and to the victims he left behind, the readers will see the struggles and humanities of the Godfather through his own eyes. The revelation of the monster he becomes to the salvation of a man who will redeem himself.
Also written and published is FOR THE LOVE OF THE KILL series. Even though, I, CHAU VAN TRUONG, have written many scripts and story ideas, I will do rewrites or adaptations. I will travel to any city to meet with you.

Regards,
Chau Van Truong.

Get your copy of THE NAISA MAFIA: Chronicle OF The Godfather deliver to your home/bookstore by calling 1-800-431-1579.. Visit http://www.NAISAMAFIA.COM to read the scripts... Watch clip - NAISA, SECRETS KEPT'S PITCH, RELENTLESS PURSUIT, THE EXCHANGE @ google video. Join me at http://www.myspace.com/naisamafia , http://chauvantruong.blogspot.com/
Fans can also read at http://www.novelmaker.com/ …. SECRETS KEPT script .. http://novelmaker.com/readCommentRate.php?m=295&s=0a13623de77a7... , A KILLING STAR script.. http://novelmaker.com/readCommentRate.php?m=297&s=0a13623de77a7... , THE NAISA MAFIA - 8 chapters.. http://novelmaker.com/readCommentRate.php?m=292&s=0a13623de77a7... ..

Listen to JUDYTH PIAZZA interviewed CHAU VAN TRUONG (author/filmmaker).. link at Interview on the American Perspective Radio Program or http://thesop.org/article.php?id=7224 . THE NAISA MAFIA: Chronicle OF The Godfather can also buy it at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0974793507/qid=110029... on amazon.com, on the recommended list at bookwire.com, tuluc.com, and other venues. The Naisa Mafia: Chronicle of the Godfather can also be requested at your local bookstore.

Hi Meredith,

What happens if we're both?  Some of my adult books are almost mysteries (for example, in The Midas Bomb, how the villain is going to proceed is not exactly known until the end) although I classify them as sci-fi thrillers.  I have written short stories that are definitely mysteries (e.g. "The Shortest Route from Here to There," a freebie found on my website).  My YA sci-fi thriller is both a mystery and a coming-of-age story.  I guess I'd say you can't get results unless you have a process to obtain them.  This was certainly true in my science research and seems to be true in my writing, although the latter is a more subjective interpretation.

r/Steve Moore

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service