The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

I came out with the first version of my current book (the Inner Power Workbook) in 2004. It was called something else back then and was a little different on the inside. I'm so glad that I self-published. The creative process of putting the book together (I also use to be a graphic designer), getting "out there" with the book, improving it, and building my work with it, has been an incredible spiritual journey, that still continues. Each step of the birthing process and the "post birthing process" required me to take a look at a different internal issue in order for me to come into right relationship with it -- and therefore myself. The whole experience has been one great, big, ongoing meditation!

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you, Antonia, for sharing your journey. I, too, have had that same experience writing my autobiography, By Hope Alone: The Making of a Parent, A woman's journey through life, love and a child abuse case. The book took me over 5 years to write, as when I started it I was trying to figure out how I got into the situation of child abuse. I was also very angry, and filled with pain. As I read and rewrote the book, my heart softened and I was able to forgive those I blamed for putting me in that situation. As well, I was able to forgive myself for the awful decisions I had made. I encourage everyone who has attained a certain position or status in life, but can't understand or explain how they got there, and who wants to restore their diginity and self-worth, to write a book. Not only can it give you relief but it can clear your thoughts processes and allow you to think without going back over the past with each situation. You can choose to publish it or not, but at the least you will get it out of your head.

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service