The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

I don't know about you, but my life has been filled with "never thoughts". I never thought I'd be ordained, I never thought I'd serve as a Christian Counselor, I never thought I'd be a co-director of a great commandment ministry, I never thought I'd co-write (with best friend and hubby George and our great God!) an emotional recovery workbook for Christians that has transformed so many lives and we long to get it into the hands of so many others so they, too, can move on to do and be what God called them to do and be!, I never thought I'd become computer-literate enough to actually transform and create site pages on networks like this let alone design a multi page site for our ministry, and I never thought I'd be doing what I'm doing right now, blogging and actually understanding what that means. Whew!

Most of all, I never thought the dream and vision God gave George and me for a place called Encouragement House would ever come to be. Although we still don't have the physical building that's definitely part of the plan, we are actually performing some of the services associated with Encouragement House. It's a special place for couples and familes and crisis to stay for no longer than 12 months while they get their lives back on track. Perhaps they've lost income or been evicted or are truly responsible but stuck in a career or job that just doesn't meet the family's needs. Perhaps they lost a loved one through death or divorce and need to redefine what life is for them. Perhaps they have skills but are new to the area and need a place to stay while they get started.

I'm not going into all the plans and services here, but only Monday, I had the blessing of encouraging some middle age plus folks who relocated to our area and acted as a referral source for gainful employment through networking. George provided some life skills training to someone else. We are soooooooo excited and feel so blessed!

I wonder what my next "never thought" will be.

With great anticipation,

Pastor Sharon Billington

http://www.encouragingwordsministries.com

Transforming lives through developing balanced, emotionally healthy relationships with God, others and self

Views: 2

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service