Book Publishing Coach
New Thought and Light Worker's Publisiher.
Mary K. Dougherty is the founder, visionary and owner behind an author-driven success story that has grown into not one--but three businesses: Bootstrap Publishing, Express Success Test Marketing, and Cover to Cover Seminars. For the past twelve years. Dougherty has been a frontrunner in the fast-paced industry getting authors words from print--to book format--but more importantly--how to launch that product successfully into a highly competitive marketplace.
In 1997, during development of the Digital Book Technology, Mary Dougherty began working with Xerox Corporation on effective way to bridge the massive gap between an author--and their desire to have their book in print--and the print industry--which couldn't yet meet that challenge. Back then---authors had several choices if they wanted to get their books in print: the long term gamble of submitting manuscripts--and enduring the never-ending "rejection" process--that sometimes took years. And if your book was picked up--the low profit margin publishers allowed authors--and short term promotion. Or print your own book--with high volume offset print runs--which amounted to mortgaging your house, and possibly ending up with tens of thousands of your own books, unsold, for lack of knowledge on how to promote your book. Authors had few choices if they wanted to see their book in print-and promoted successfully. Printing companies-with the technology at hand--had few options for authors.
As a coach, writer, and print industry expert, Dougherty saw this wide canyon between the two industries--and seized on opportunity.
Through 1998, she developed original seminars and an entirely new type of marketing technique to break through publishing barriers that typically that offered high powered solutions to self-publishing authors -get books printed affordably 100 at a time vs. the major investment of printing high volume offset print runs.
Through Bootstrap's techniques, now authors print their books as they promote in national bookstore chains and media AND sell them at a profit margin. A sensation had begun. "Print to Promote - Promote to Print" business and marketing model skyrocketed. With so many authors wanting to "get the word out"--Bootstrap expanded to keep up with authors who need cost effective printing techniques--proven marketing methods--and a coaching process that has launched 1000's of Bootstrap authors to lucrative careers.
BOOTSTRAP AUTHORS HAVE SUCCESSFULLY
• Been picked up by national New York publishers.
• Started profitable small-press publishing companies.
• Been reviewed by movie producers.
• Started lucrative public speaking careers.
• Sold Limited Rights to different countries.
• Sold 15,400 books in 6 months
• Acquired literary agents.
• Won the IPPY Awards.
• Won the Glyph Awards.
• Won USA Book Awards.
• Expanded their businesses based on the popularity of their books.
• Become sought after as experts in their fields.
• Started businesses related to their book's topic.
• Increased their sales as much as 40% following the release of their books.
• Started new careers.
• Started Business in consulting
• Stared on-line universities
• Practitioners increased their client base
• Real Estate Professionals sold more houses
• One author made it to TV soaps prime time
• Two authors started inter net Radio Shows
• One author began to teach at university level and is now a full time professor.
• Several Ministers started their own ministries.
• Left family histories for future generations to treasure.
• Received endorsements from influential professionals including Deepak Chopra, Neal Donald Walsh, Alan Cohen, Sonia Coquette, Carolyn, Sutherland, Don Jose Luis Ruiz, and Clive Kessler.