Do These Statistics on Women's Safety Bother You?
- Domestic violence is the leading cause for injury in women over the age of 15 in the United States.
- A woman is beaten every 11 seconds in this country.
- 4,000 women are beaten to death annually.
- 52% of murdered female victims are killed by their intimate partner.
- 4.8 million intimate-partner assaults and rapes are reported annually.
- 77% of domestic shelters nationwide saw an increase in women seeking help since 2008.
- 75% of those shelters attribute the surge to financial issues, which brings on the abuse.
- Hundreds of thousands of women including children face violence from their own families.
If any of these statistics touch on your experience, then you need Lynne Robert’s new book, Are You Safe?
If you are living with a dash of danger, a pinch of peril, or something more sinister, buy Are You Safe? by Lynne Roberts.
Original blog post: http://www.areyousafebook.com/are-you-safe-the-book/