Buy great novelsSoul Lifter

Relationships Matter Marketing Program Real Fast Book Marketing

The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

What's Your Biggest Challenge with Your Book?

I'd be interested to learn what authors/publishers on this network think their biggest challenges are with their book. I wonder if there's any common, pervasive challenge we all face.

Views: 6943

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The biggest challenge I face with my books are successfully marketing valuable benefits to potential consumers, instead of just "features" that the book contains. There are millions of books for sale out there, and the trick is finding that small niche of people who will believe it was written just for them.

My biggest challenge is publicity. I've read the marketing books, watched the webinars, trawled the forums and I've walked the walk now with four novels and a series of novellas published but I still struggle to find that magic bullet that will rocket my work to the top of the list. I make no claims that my work is so good that it deserves to be at the top because honestly, it isn't,  but then I see what is at the top and think well maybe. . . just maybe I do stand a chance. I've been at this game of novel writing for five years now. Perhaps in another twenty I'll get there. Problem is I'm 68!      http://www.amazon.com/Fran-Connor/e/B00EIIEUE2/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_...

Currently, my biggest challenge is attracting more people to post a review on Amazon Kindle. I have been posting reviews for other indie authors for quite awhile.

Please stop by my latest blog:

http://thebookmarketingnetwork.com/profiles/blogs/looking-for-reviews

Thanks!

The biggest challenge was to tell admit to myself and to tell my own.truths. The book is entitled The Roadblock is You...I just had an article published today in our local paper. http://www.delawareonline.com/story/entertainment/music/hip-hop/201...

I can't seem to get sales after self-publishing on the popular amazon website as well as its subsidiary createspace. I know it takes a marketing thrust but I don't have the first clue except I know it takes alot of money to market officially. I have only one social media account and that's twitter. Tried to post there only receiving sales ion single digits. Thankful but doesn't go very far in generating much needed income.

Sean,

I too struggle to get sales. The Kindle marketing tools work, but be prepared to have to pay per click-and not all of those equal sales.

Doing review exchanges helps a lot. It takes time to read and post reviews for others. Most indie authors will do this quid pro quo, though.

You can post ads for free on this site. Also, if you have ebooks available for 99 cents, Indies Unlimited allows you to post ads on their site for free every Thursday.

RSS

Sell Your Books!

15,000 Eyeballs Internet Market Program

About

John Kremer created this Ning Network.

© 2017   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service