The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

I have jumped out of aircraft; jumped into boxing rings with lunatics, swam in shark infested waters, but this book signing gig has put the wind up me. I do not know what to write... 'Best wishes' seems a bit weak. I done a recce last week and saw a lonely lady surrounded by her books looking a bit like the rabbi at Yasser Arafat's birthday parade. Oh, Crikey!
My gig is at Borders near the entrance to John Lennon airport in Liverpool on 4th and 5th October. I will tell you all about it after the event.
My books have been on the market for three years but I have not been available for publicity, so now I am free to embark on any opportunity that comes my way.
This week, I am trying to get on local radio shows in the Liverpool area to bleat about the gig. I have already done the local newspapers and Borders have put me on their events pages and placed my books in a prominent position. The events manager is enthusiastic and has put posters in the front window. She is also doing press releases for my gig.
Nevertheless, I am still nervous.
Wish me luck.
Chris.

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was so nervous during my first signing that I stood up for the first 30 minutes. No one came by the table. Thank God, I wore uncomfortable shoes that forced me to sit down. The crowd came! One lady said that she didn't know that I was the author. That was so funny. I learn know to sit at the table.

tl james
www.mpireonline.com
The21writer@alumni.marymount.edu

My second novel is now audio – like old time radio. All you have to do is listen. It’ll make you laff. Go to www.NewFiction,com

Choose ‘Senate Parking’

Skeeze Whitlow

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service