The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

Again I am asking a question. *sigh* Thought I was done with that. Guess not. *another sigh*

I do NOT have a CIP. I have a LCCN and an ISBN. Also, I going to print this month, but the official publication date won't be until March. I am trying to set up the copyright page. I have looked at Dan Poynter's, among others. However they are all set up as CIP blocks.

Could someone please show 'here' the setup for a copyright page with:

LCCN
ISBN
Edition numbers

So far this is what I have:

Life is Like Making Chocolate Chip Cookies
By L. Sue Durkin

Published by:

Weaving Dreams Publishing
Post Office Box 194
Watseka, Illinois 60970-0094

orders@suesunshine.com
http://lifeislike.suesunshine.com

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or by any information storage and retrieval system, without written permission from the author, except for the inclusion of brief quotations in a review.
The author of this book specifies the content of this book is of her own perceptions only. The perception of events in this book may not have happened the same way in the eyes and minds of those people mentioned.

Unattributed quotations are by L. Sue Durkin

Copyright © 2007, L. Sue Durkin
All rights reserved

Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Number

ISBN # 978-0-615-17262-0

First Edition:

This and a few edits is all that is keeping me from going to print.

Thank you for any help you can give. You have no idea how the help you give us newbies (in all aspects) is appreciated!!!!

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What you have is really all you need. You can't get a CIP block because you are using LS. Besides it is not necessary, it is only an "option." If a library or someone wants to buy your book, the LCCN and ISBN are all that are needed (and a distributor like Ingram, which you will have through LS). As for edition numbers, usually it goes something like this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 or 1 9 2 8 3 7 4 5. Either way, it is the lowest number that designates the print edition. Thus, 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 designates a second printing. If the copyright date is the same, then it would designate First edition, second printing. These numbers are not mandatory, and if you are using LS then you should probably just use the First edition sequence since there will be no "second" printing.

As it stands now, looks like you are ready to go to print. (Congratulations!!!) The copyright date should be the street date, not the actual date of printing (since that is often very different, especially if one uses Asian printers which require a shipping lag time). So you may want to change it to 2008.

Cheers,

Peter

Thank you, Peter, for responding to my post. I am probably getting on everyone's nerves right about now. I know I am getting on mine! *grin*

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service